Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Shiloh and everyone here!

I can say I successfully built this amazing hackintosh build, but I have three small issues. I only have one that really matters (#1) but maybe they are all connected so I am listing them here.
1. I used to have installed exactly how the guide was one year ago, and it's been bugging me for a while that my wifi would suddenly not find any networks...I would try everything rebooting, changing the automatic location, getting closer to the router, and nothing would make it come back. Then magically like one week later for no apparent reason it would locate my network again and internet would function properly for a couple of days sometimes even weeks at a time. Well this morning I decided I was going to do something about it and read that installing the IO80211Family Kext would fix it....now I get a Wi-Fi and bluetooth: No hardware installed" message. I found another driver called "All in One Ethernet Solution" and it fixed the bluetooth. So what can I do to fix my wifi?

2. Sometimes when I reboot my gray bar at the top will be black instead of gray and most times, the "open display preferences" icon (two computers) is transparent until I click on it.

3. Sometimes the sound will have some small glitches in it, especially when using itunes and logic pro x. Seems related to the cpu computing or something but it will happen even if I am doing nothing else.

Thanks for your time and amazing support!

I'm assuming you have a dual band router? Have you tried testing both 2.4 and 5ghz frequencies? Can you at least connect to the 2.4? I had a similar issue but only on my 5ghz frequency. My remedy was to force a separate channel on my router as my neighbors were already using some of the channels causing interference.

hi shilo.
some question and help request please.
1. can you please prepare for me a ssdt-1 for my gtx 780 ti? i really don't know how to do it.
2-i have a pci express with bcm94360cd (apple wi-fi + bluetooth combo) in my pci express x1. should i add a ssdt for it? can you prepare it for me please?

i have no knowledge in dsdt-ssdt edit. hope you can help me, thank you

Were you able to figure out your bcm94360cd issue? I added my card but am not seeing it in my system profile.

First some questions. When was the last time you updated the files using the new one I that I periodically attach to the original post? When was the last time you updated Clover? What version of OS X are you currently using? Where or how did you install the kexts that you mention in 1? Where did you the kexts that you mention in 1 come from? Do you you have menu meters or iStat installed or any other additional menu bar related apps?

1. Sounds like an intermittent hardware problem to me but that is just a guess. If the wifi shows your network and others from your neighbors when it's working but shows none when it's not, it sounds like it's not functioning at all when it's not. If it doesn't show yours but still shows your neighbors, it could be a problem with your router or network. Either way, a kext isn't going to fix it. I think the IO80211Family kext is a patched version of a OEM apple kext so if it was installed in SLE, it overwrote the OEM Apple one. To fix that, you'll need to restore the OEM kext by installing the combo update for the version of OS X you currently have but first you should delete the "All in One Ethernet Solution" or reverse whatever changes it made. Try looking in /system/library/extensions and see if sorting by date added shows you the kexts that were added on that day around that time. It may not be that simple if the all in one solution modified kexts or installed any inside folders of other kexts though. Research what that did and undo all changes that it made. If it only modified OEM kexts, the combo update should restore everything to stock.

Since I don't fully understand everything that is done into the hackintosh in terms of kexts and clover and bios, when I got it working about a year ago, I felt lucky, so I haven't updated anything since, well especially since I had a contract in china so the computer was basically sleeping for a year. Never updated clover either. I am using Mavericks 10.9.3. I installed the the io80211family with kextbeast but the all in one solution was a self installing package which also changed my hardrives and screen to sleep in 15 min and checked the "wake network" which I have uncheck that and changed my settings back to never sleep on anything. The wifi problem is not related to sleeping as when it works, it can even go to sleep and come back no problem. When the wifi stops working I cannot see any network and my three other computers still work on my network during this time. I don't have menu meter installed or I stat. The family kext and the all in one solution I got from a forum I found with a google search of my specific problems. I have to go to work but when I get back home tonight I will look further into what the all in one modified. Would it help if I sent you the file? Thanks for the help, sorry for being such a noob.

I'm assuming you have a dual band router? Have you tried testing both 2.4 and 5ghz frequencies? Can you at least connect to the 2.4? I had a similar issue but only on my 5ghz frequency. My remedy was to force a separate channel on my router as my neighbors were already using some of the channels causing interference.

How would I go about doing that? Is it by login into my router with the ip address? Currently I have a message saying "no hardware installed" so I can't test that option for the moment. I would doubt that it's my neighbours though as I live quite far from them, I only receive one network and it's been form the same neighbour for the past 15 years but I appreciate the idea and will try to look into that possibility. Don't hesitate if any other ideas comes to mind ;) Will keep you posted on my findings tonight! Thanks!

How would I go about doing that? Is it by login into my router with the ip address? Currently I have a message saying "no hardware installed" so I can't test that option for the moment.

Yes once you have your card working again you login to the ip of your router and somewhere in your settings you should be able to switch off 5ghz, again I'm assuming you have a dual band router. Then connect to the 2.4ghz SSID on your Mac. If that works and you try the same trick for the 5ghz SSID without getting connected then you simply need change the channel on your router for the 5ghz frequency.

Hello !

I have decided I will give it a try, after unsuccessful update to Mavericks about 5 months ago. I am planing to do a clean install of EL capitan. After reading through the guide I have a queeston about 8D) instructions

"8d) Go to the AsusX79Files/Post Install/2 ACPI/ and open the Nvidia folder that best matches your GPU/s and select the SSDT/s that match the PCI slot number/s that your GPU/s is/are installed in."

I am using GTX 580 is it a Maxwell or Kepler ? Or does it apply to newer cards ?
Alternatively shall I just use SSDT from "PCI Slot SSDTs R4E" for my setup (GTX 580 and R4E) at this point of instructions?

thank you

First some questions. When was the last time you updated the files using the new one I that I periodically attach to the original post? When was the last time you updated Clover? What version of OS X are you currently using? Where or how did you install the kexts that you mention in 1? Where did you the kexts that you mention in 1 come from? Do you you have menu meters or iStat installed or any other additional menu bar related apps?

1. Sounds like an intermittent hardware problem to me but that is just a guess. If the wifi shows your network and others from your neighbors when it's working but shows none when it's not, it sounds like it's not functioning at all when it's not. If it doesn't show yours but still shows your neighbors, it could be a problem with your router or network. Either way, a kext isn't going to fix it. I think the IO80211Family kext is a patched version of a OEM apple kext so if it was installed in SLE, it overwrote the OEM Apple one. To fix that, you'll need to restore the OEM kext by installing the combo update for the version of OS X you currently have but first you should delete the "All in One Ethernet Solution" or reverse whatever changes it made. Try looking in /system/library/extensions and see if sorting by date added shows you the kexts that were added on that day around that time. It may not be that simple if the all in one solution modified kexts or installed any inside folders of other kexts though. Research what that did and undo all changes that it made. If it only modified OEM kexts, the combo update should restore everything to stock.

So I checked in the /system/library/extensions folder only to find 246 kexts that were added on aug 15 2014 at the latest, although the folder does say last modified feb 19 2016, but I can't find any specific kext with that date. I download a program called pacifist to look into the package of the "all in one solution" and it turns out there isn't any kext in there. So I am thinking the solution would be to install the combo update you were talking about and hopefully it would overwrite the damage I've caused. Where could I find the combo update for Mavericks 10.9.3? Also, I am willing to start clean (I don't mean reinstalling the mac osx but is it possible to update clover and reinstall the kexts?) Although, everything else works fine maybe I should live by "if it ain't broken, why fix it?"? My only current problem is the wifi says "no hardware installed", everything else works wonderfully!
Thanks for the help provided! :)

Hello !

I have decided I will give it a try, after unsuccessful update to Mavericks about 5 months ago. I am planing to do a clean install of EL capitan. After reading through the guide I have a queeston about 8D) instructions

"8d) Go to the AsusX79Files/Post Install/2 ACPI/ and open the Nvidia folder that best matches your GPU/s and select the SSDT/s that match the PCI slot number/s that your GPU/s is/are installed in."

I am using GTX 580 is it a Maxwell or Kepler ? Or does it apply to newer cards ?
Alternatively shall I just use SSDT from "PCI Slot SSDTs R4E" for my setup (GTX 580 and R4E) at this point of instructions?

thank you
There is a lot more that can go into the firmi cards. I'm going to update the guide and files tomorrow. So hold off till tomorrow night.

Hello !

thank you
If you use the new updated files, and if your GPU is in PCI Slot 1 then you won't need to do that step unless you want HDMI audio. Do you require inject nvidia = true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back