Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Shilohh,

I have zero Mac / OS X experience, followed your instructions - carefully! and got El Capitan running with GPU support. Thank you very much for your efforts and time to share your work; I'm really grateful.

Hi and thanks tak21,
I'm about to update the files again but last update covered SSDT-0, all the GPU SSDTs, config.plist, DSDT patch list and AutoDSDT.app.

Hello shilohh,
Can I somehow convince you, to add a date / version number to the zip file? This would make it easier (for me) to realize that there are changes available. Unfortunately this thread is much faster than I can follow :lol:
Thanks in advance, tak21

Hello shilohh,
Can I somehow convince you, to add a date / version number to the zip file? This would make it easier (for me) to realize that there are changes available. Unfortunately this thread is much faster than I can follow :lol:
Thanks in advance, tak21
I don't want to change the name of the folder as this might lead to confusion for the brand new users. I will continue to post the date that the files were updated right above the attachment.

I have a 3930k and followed this guide as well as MK500's guide for overclocking, I'm at 4.2 in my bios.

I have speedstep enabled, but my single core bench is only 2157 and multicore is 14991.

My processor is reporting Intel Core i7-3930K @ 3.20 GHz in Geekbench and my system info in El Cap.

I should mention that my memory is 64gb of corsair vengeance running at 1866.

Those scores are extremely low, right?

@swamyg1,
Sounds like you're locked at the base multiplier (32). Also, you'll always have a lower score with the free 32 bit geekbench than the 64 bit bench. Make sure you have the 3930k SSDT-9 and the 3930K config.plist installed. Then start the RunAICPUPMI.app follow the instructions and hit the ok button after you've performed various tasks including geekbench. Toward the bottom of the terminal printout, you will see all the actual P-States reached.

@swamyg1,
Sounds like you're locked at the base multiplier (32). Also, you'll always have a lower score with the free 32 bit geekbench than the 64 bit bench. Make sure you have the 3930k SSDT-9 and the 3930K config.plist installed. Then start the RunAICPUPMI.app follow the instructions and hit the ok button after you've performed various tasks including geekbench. Toward the bottom of the terminal printout, you will see all the actual P-States reached.

Thank you! For some reason I missed using the 3930k config with the edited patches. I saw it after going through your instructions again. Now I'm happy to report I'm benching at 3739 single core and 22466 for multi. This is with the 64 bit version.

Is there anything I can do to fix my system profile that still reports 3.2?

Thank you! For some reason I missed using the 3930k config with the edited patches. I saw it after going through your instructions again. Now I'm happy to report I'm benching at 3739 single core and 22466 for multi. This is with the 64 bit version.

Is there anything I can do to fix my system profile that still reports 3.2?
That sounds about right for a 3930K @ 4.2GHz.

Hi Shiloh and everyone here!

I can say I successfully built this amazing hackintosh build, but I have three small issues. I only have one that really matters (#1) but maybe they are all connected so I am listing them here.
1. I used to have installed exactly how the guide was one year ago, and it's been bugging me for a while that my wifi would suddenly not find any networks...I would try everything rebooting, changing the automatic location, getting closer to the router, and nothing would make it come back. Then magically like one week later for no apparent reason it would locate my network again and internet would function properly for a couple of days sometimes even weeks at a time. Well this morning I decided I was going to do something about it and read that installing the IO80211Family Kext would fix it....now I get a Wi-Fi and bluetooth: No hardware installed" message. I found another driver called "All in One Ethernet Solution" and it fixed the bluetooth. So what can I do to fix my wifi?

2. Sometimes when I reboot my gray bar at the top will be black instead of gray and most times, the "open display preferences" icon (two computers) is transparent until I click on it.

3. Sometimes the sound will have some small glitches in it, especially when using itunes and logic pro x. Seems related to the cpu computing or something but it will happen even if I am doing nothing else.

Thanks for your time and amazing support!

Hi Shiloh and everyone here!

I can say I successfully built this amazing hackintosh build, but I have three small issues. I only have one that really matters (#1) but maybe they are all connected so I am listing them here.
1. I used to have installed exactly how the guide was one year ago, and it's been bugging me for a while that my wifi would suddenly not find any networks...I would try everything rebooting, changing the automatic location, getting closer to the router, and nothing would make it come back. Then magically like one week later for no apparent reason it would locate my network again and internet would function properly for a couple of days sometimes even weeks at a time. Well this morning I decided I was going to do something about it and read that installing the IO80211Family Kext would fix it....now I get a Wi-Fi and bluetooth: No hardware installed" message. I found another driver called "All in One Ethernet Solution" and it fixed the bluetooth. So what can I do to fix my wifi?

2. Sometimes when I reboot my gray bar at the top will be black instead of gray and most times, the "open display preferences" icon (two computers) is transparent until I click on it.

3. Sometimes the sound will have some small glitches in it, especially when using itunes and logic pro x. Seems related to the cpu computing or something but it will happen even if I am doing nothing else.

Thanks for your time and amazing support!
First some questions. When was the last time you updated the files using the new one I that I periodically attach to the original post? When was the last time you updated Clover? What version of OS X are you currently using? Where or how did you install the kexts that you mention in 1? Where did you the kexts that you mention in 1 come from? Do you you have menu meters or iStat installed or any other additional menu bar related apps?

1. Sounds like an intermittent hardware problem to me but that is just a guess. If the wifi shows your network and others from your neighbors when it's working but shows none when it's not, it sounds like it's not functioning at all when it's not. If it doesn't show yours but still shows your neighbors, it could be a problem with your router or network. Either way, a kext isn't going to fix it. I think the IO80211Family kext is a patched version of a OEM apple kext so if it was installed in SLE, it overwrote the OEM Apple one. To fix that, you'll need to restore the OEM kext by installing the combo update for the version of OS X you currently have but first you should delete the "All in One Ethernet Solution" or reverse whatever changes it made. Try looking in /system/library/extensions and see if sorting by date added shows you the kexts that were added on that day around that time. It may not be that simple if the all in one solution modified kexts or installed any inside folders of other kexts though. Research what that did and undo all changes that it made. If it only modified OEM kexts, the combo update should restore everything to stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back