Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reebooting my system i tryed another time and now works but after the installation rebooting i cant find the hard drive that i used for intalling yosemite
Finder > preferences

i'm in the bios
What step are you on? If you haven't installed clover to you OS X boot drive you might not be able to see it in BIOS without CSM enabled.

What step are you on? If you haven't installed clover to you OS X boot drive you might not be able to see it in BIOS without CSM enabled.

Ok i explain you.

i have my usb boot whit clover installed in.
I try whit an hdd (NTFS 300gb) after intalling on my ssd.
i start my pc and after set my bios 2.xxxx (i dont have internet for install new version) whit setting you provided and i boot from my usb pen drive.
in clover menu i have 2 logo to choice and after i click on "install ios...." a script appare on screen and after it finished my pc turn off. when it restart im in the bios whitout my hdd on boot settings.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

here you can see che problem whit my screen but i restart it and it not appare again to me but after succesfull installation im in the bios. help

First off, you can NOT install Mac OS X to a NTFS formatted drive. You need to install to a HFS+ formatted drive. You don't need internet on the Hackintosh to install a new bios version. Download the BIOS from Asus on the computer you are using. Put it on a FAT32 formatted usb drive, and install the BIOS using the ez flashback utility in the BIOS.

I think you'll need CSM on because of your 660 GPU unless you have flashed the 660 for UEFI. Either way, turn on CSM and make sure the legacy oprom is enabled for boot device control and boot from pcie expansion devices. If you still don't see the device, you may have a hardware failure.

i succesfull install yosemite to my harddrive. now at the step 8 im stuck becose i have no internet for dowload and install clover on my boot. if i can turn of my sistem and switch my harddrive to my ssd i can use windows for dowload and put it on my usb pendrive. can i see my pendrive on mac?

Hi Shilohh,

first off thanks for making the effort to share your knowledge here in this forum. It really helps out newbies as myself with building their first Hackintoshs.

I have bought the following parts for my future OS X/Win 7 dual boot build:

i7-4930K
Asus Rampage Black Edition X79
Asus GeForce GTX 960 Strix
Crucial Ballistix Sport XT (16GB)
Samsung EVO 850 250GB (2x)
Corsair AX760
Corsair Hydro Series H80i
Noctua NF-F12 (2x)
Fractal Define R4
TP-Link TL- WDN4800 N900

Now before I go ahead and install Mac OS I have wondered whether it could make more sense to install an older version of OS X (e.g. Mountain Lion or Mavericks) instead of Yosemite, in terms of having less problems with bugs etc. Do you have any experience in this regard or is Yosemite the way to go?

Hey Shiloh,
i appreciate the update on the guide and I tried it out with my setup but I keep getting problems with my Gtx 780 SLI setup :( i keep getting black screens. Yosemite is causing much more headaches than Mavericks ever did. Anyway I'm at a point where I'm just gonna give up. I've spent over 40 hours trying to get it to work with everyone's advice here. It would be great if someone could loan you a gt110 card type.

I have the exact same setup as you did but not the 770GTX card.

Unless you have any suggestions I'm at a loss... :(

Peace

Hi Shilohh,

first off thanks for making the effort to share your knowledge here in this forum. It really helps out newbies as myself with building their first Hackintoshs.

I have bought the following parts for my future OS X/Win 7 dual boot build:

i7-4930K
Asus Rampage Black Edition X79
Asus GeForce GTX 960 Strix
Crucial Ballistix Sport XT (16GB)
Samsung EVO 850 250GB (2x)
Corsair AX760
Corsair Hydro Series H80i
Noctua NF-F12 (2x)
Fractal Define R4
TP-Link TL- WDN4800 N900

Now before I go ahead and install Mac OS I have wondered whether it could make more sense to install an older version of OS X (e.g. Mountain Lion or Mavericks) instead of Yosemite, in terms of having less problems with bugs etc. Do you have any experience in this regard or is Yosemite the way to go?
You are limited to 10.10 because of your 960

Hey Shiloh,
i appreciate the update on the guide and I tried it out with my setup but I keep getting problems with my Gtx 780 SLI setup :( i keep getting black screens. Yosemite is causing much more headaches than Mavericks ever did. Anyway I'm at a point where I'm just gonna give up. I've spent over 40 hours trying to get it to work with everyone's advice here. It would be great if someone could loan you a gt110 card type.

I have the exact same setup as you did but not the 770GTX card.

Unless you have any suggestions I'm at a loss... :(

Peace
I'm currently using a 980 and a Titan X and I have no issues. I also tried dual 980s for a few days. I'd recommend switching off your second card using the PCI switches on the mobo and see if you can boot then report back.

Also, if I ever made you a custom set of ssdts for your dual GPUs, try deleting them.

Can you boot from the usb installer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back