Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Shilooh,

I had successfully install maverics on my machine couple of years ago by using yours awesome guide. Now I'm wondering If some one have already install yosemite using Asus Rampage IV Black edition motherboard? because I had lots of trouble installing maverics on this motherboard. Will it be simple this time around to upgrade to yosemite?

Thanks

Hi Shilooh,

I had successfully install maverics on my machine couple of years ago by using yours awesome guide. Now I'm wondering If some one have already install yosemite using Asus Rampage IV Black edition motherboard? because I had lots of trouble installing maverics on this motherboard. Will it be simple this time around to upgrade to yosemite?

Thanks
Thanks for the compliments. I'm updating the guide right now so wait till tomorrow. I hope it goes very smoothly for you.

Try copying the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext to a folder for back-up. Then delete it from /S/L/E and make sure there are no kexts on your desktop. Run kextbeast to rebuild kext caches and reboot. If that helps, you can try editing the kext's plist for your card and re-install it or find a way to see if clover can force it not to load so you don't have to worry about it for future updates.

PS, Thanks for testing and reporting

You are welcome.

It looks like I was not paying attention and had nv_disbale=1 in my 5.1 macpro config.plist. which looks like it was causing the issue. Removed it and everything is fine now.

First of all I want to thank Shilohh and all the other contributors for such a great thread. Thought it was time I shared my bit so here is a slimline DSDT for the Rampage IV Gene with ALL the bits that OS X doesn't used stripped out. Works a treat with sleep/shutdown/restart working perfectly. It could be used as a starting point for doing something similar with the RIVE DSDT...

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    130.2 KB · Views: 107
First of all I want to thank Shilohh and all the other contributors for such a great thread. Thought it was time I shared my bit so here is a slimline DSDT for the Rampage IV Gene with ALL the bits that OS X doesn't used stripped out. Works a treat with sleep/shutdown/restart working perfectly. It could be used as a starting point for doing something similar with the RIVE DSDT...
Very cool but what bios version is it for? Also, can you post the unmodified oem dsdt so I can see the changes you've made?

Thanks Shilohh, you rekon audio will work this time on R4BE?:crazy:

Last edited:
whileb tryed to installi it my screen frick out whit a "block" in the center of the screen and now if stucked on the string after "missing bluethoot controller Ttanspor"t. anobody con help me?
Please post a picture of the whole screen where it froze.

Also, what step are on or what exactly have you done to get to this point?

Please post a picture of the whole screen where it froze.

After reebooting my system i tryed another time and now works but after the installation rebooting i cant find the hard drive that i used for intalling yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back