Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What version bios are you on? Using the VoodooTSCSync kext should solve the problem but I've only experienced this with much older versions of the bios. I forgot wich version solved the issue so the kext was no longer needed

I'm on bios 4804 which seems to work for others in this thread. My previous 10.9 install was smooth on it as well.

I installed VoodooTSCSync using Kextbeast, that didn't work. I then tried installing the VoodooTSCSync from Multibeast for 6 core, that also didn't work. I'm at a loss. The cpus=1 requirement seems to be the only hangup for me.

I'm on bios 4804 which seems to work for others in this thread. My previous 10.9 install was smooth on it as well.

I installed VoodooTSCSync using Kextbeast, that didn't work. I then tried installing the VoodooTSCSync from Multibeast for 6 core, that also didn't work. I'm at a loss. The cpus=1 requirement seems to be the only hangup for me.
You could try reflashing the bios or updating to 4901. You could also try switching to the 2nd bios chip. I had issues with one of the bios chips on my board breaking sleep so I know that wonky bios chips can create some weird behavior.

You could try reflashing the bios or updating to 4901. You could also try switching to the 2nd bios chip. I had issues with one of the bios chips on my board breaking sleep so I know that wonky bios chips can create some weird behavior.

Hey Shilohh! Tried both of those suggestions but no luck. I then removed voodootscsync and rebuilt my DSDT. I noticed I had not capitalized the letters for my network to UUID... Now I'm getting an error related to "taskgated". Still can't boot without cpus=1.

EDIT: Scratch that "taskgated" reference... I am still getting the "kernel_task" error.

Attachments

• unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    523.6 KB · Views: 88
Ok! It seems nullcpupowermanagement.kext solved my problem. But I don't understand why I have to use it. My bios settings are exactly like yours, compiled my DSDT using your guide, and I updated my config.plist accordingly. Any idea what gives?

EDIT: Scratch that, problem not solved. Went through the entire install again, but still left with using cpus=1 at the installer. Meaning this problem is probably related to my installer stick or my bios. Not sure what to do at this point.

Youll probably have to troubleshoot it yourself. Kernel task is the root of the operating system itself so that doesn't really point you in any direction. I'd guess that something you installed is causing the panic. It could be hardware or even just a corrupted plist file.

Thanks for the post Shilloh. You do an incredible job with all of this!!

OK, updated info. I tried duping from a physical drive back to the MacintoshHD (SSD) after formatting it and still had the same thing, put the ssd in MacBook and tried to fix permissions and same thing, then erased the whole drive and re-partioned and copied my backed up EFI folders to the SSD then again duped from the physical backup to the MacintoshHD(SSD) and it fixed it. Kernel panic gone and booting fine. So it seems that something may have happened with the EFI or restore partition to cause this?

Does any of that make sense?

Is it possible my OWC Mercury Acselsior is causing problems? Possibly not allowing my EFI partition to boot?

EDIT! So it's happening with my Samsung Pro SSD as well. Oddly enough, Shilohh helped me with this exact same problem on Mavericks w/ Chameleon exactly one year ago!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...e-core-i7-3930k-successful-94.html#post778956

Do you think this is DSDT related? I've tried recompiling my DSDT many times and I'm not having any success. What could be causing problems with my DSTS for me that's not giving others grief?

SOLVED!!! My problem was definitely my CPU. I had to raise my vcore to 1.28 to bypass the panics. Something must be faulty with my version of the 4930k. So glad I was finally able to figure this out! Thanks for all the help.

hey shilohh
Can you make 2 SSDT Graphic Injection For Asus GTX 780 Strix 6 GB Ram On Slot 1 And Slot 3

Ok, I'm almost there...

As I posted before I was having problems with my graphics card, and was able to boot the computer by removing "nvda_drv=1" fom config.plist but that did dot fix the refresh problem, reading and looking I found out that some guys had problems with the same card using "Maverics", and some had,had success changing the Mac profile.

So I did the same thing, changed the profile from MacPro 6.1 to 5.1 and edited config.plist accordingly.
And voila !! (I'm attaching a copy in case someone has my same problem)

The computer boot and started to work "almost" perfectly.
The only problem is after sleep, that the audio goes away, although that is a known issue, I have a question...
Using Multibeast 6.1 to change the audio driver.

Should I use "With DSDT" or "Without DSDT" ?

(it's WITHOUT)

(quote from original post)
"NOTE 2 (written on 01/13/2015): Current MutiBeast AppleHDA.kexts lose audio after wake from sleep in Yosemite. The audio kexts from MultiBeast 6.1.0 don't suffer from this problem. However, this older kext may stop working in the future. I recommend trying the version from MB 6.1.0 first and if it doesn't work for you, or stops working after future OS updates, try the newest release. And remember, you must always reinstall your audio kext after updating the OS. Also, If you already installed a newer version in the steps above it's OK to run MB 6.1.0 now. It will just overwrite the last kext installed."

Attachments

• config copy.plist
    3.8 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Hi Shilohh, Hi Swamyg1, Hi Everybody,

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I am thinking about doing a from-scratch re-install of my trusty 10.8.5 machine to bring it to Yosemite:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...page-iv-extreme-core-i7-3930k-successful.html

Shilohh: Would using your guide (this one) work as-is knowing that I have the 3930 and GTX 680?

Treat me like a hackintosh noob; it has been so long that I don't remember much. I know way back we were having problems with install differences between the 3930 and 4930 (different BIOS needed?). I don't really want to switch processors as I don't need the extra 5% or whatever it would be; and knowing that my CPU is historically rock solid is more important for me.

This machine is still going great after 3 years. I had to purchase a Mac Pro trashcan (the $4K 6-core model) for a work related project; and now that is done so I'm selling it. No urge at all to switch from my machine. It is still better all around even 3 years later.

Anyway; thanks for any help. And thanks for carrying the torch! I'm going to read this whole thread now to catch up

P.S. Does Messages work in Yosemite with this build?

MK500, welcome back...we missed you. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back