Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Shilohh,

Long time no see. I've been visiting this build from time to time, still doing great work!

I haven't touched or made any changes on my build since I got it up and running with mavericks until now.
I followed your update guide for Yosemite and I've now got it up and running...almost.

When I try to mount the EFI partition on Mac OS drive I just get an empty folder named "EFI". I've tried mounting it with clover configurator, EFI Mounter-v2 and EFI Mount (the one linked in your thread) with the same result.
I'm also only able to boot Yosemite through the clover menu that's on the usb installer.

It seems like the whole EFI partition is gone. Do you know how I would be able to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: diskutil list in terminal gives me this.

Skärmavbild 2015-03-16 kl. 12.35.45.png

I tried to run "sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/efi" which I found somewhere on the net.
It gave me this:

/System/Library/Extensions/msdosfs.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) not loadable (reason unspecified); check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).
mount_msdos: msdos filesystem is not available

EDIT 2:

SOLVED!

Thanks for the answer Shilohh,
I succed to have something that i begin to really like!
I still have some little troubles (like wrong icons for my .aep ( after effect) but i'll make another threat later about these issues.
Thansk again :thumbup:

@Tak21
Im trying to dual boot windows along with my mac here... I read your guide here... Is it possible to do this with windows 7 x64? or do I need to get win 8?
Hoping you have an answer
- Leumas

As I did have trouble with W8 in the first place, here my 2 cents.
Very short: you must install the x64 version of windows in "uefi mode" to "use" it in clover.

1) Make an UEFI USB boot stick under Windows
insert USB stick :)
start 'diskpart.exe' and then type
list disk
select disk 5 (--> for '5' please use the number of your USB stick from the 'list' command)
clean
create partition primary
select partition 1
active
format quick fs=fat32
assign
exit

2. copy the content of your windows 8.x x64 ISO to the USB stick
xcopy x:\* y:\ /s /e (--> please set 'x' for 'this is wher your ISO content is' and 'y' to your USB stick)

In case the install.wim file you are using is bigger then 4GB (mine now contains updates) and the xcopy command is not working, here is how you can proceed. Note: this is only working under windows >= v8!
md c:\temp\wim
cd c:\temp\wim
robocopy x:\sources c:\temp\wim install.wim
dism /Split-Image /ImageFile:c:\temp\wim\install.wim /SWMFile:c:\temp\wim\install.swm /FileSize:2500
del c:\temp\wim\install.wim
robocopy x:\ y:\ /e /s /R:0
robocopy c:\temp\wim\ y:\sources\

3. set all bios settings as told in post #1 this ensures you will boot in UEFI mode

4. Use the USB stick you just created to make a fresh install of windows to a separat, clean drive

You should now be able to choose windows in clover

Thank you for this guide !!
I managed to get my system working, but I have a problem, when I start the computer, right after the apple logo apear, my screen goes black.
I managed to start normally using nv_disable=1, and installed the latest Nvidia drivers, but that did not fix the problem either.
I still have to use nv_disable=1 to start the computer.
And when I boot the image is terrible, it refreshes all the time

Any Ideas on how to correct this? Thanks !!

Yosemite 10.10.2
i7-3820
Rampage IV Gene
GEFORCE GT740
32 Ram

The GT 740 does not need/use the nVidia drivers as it is not a Maxwell GPU card. Boot using the nv_disable=1 and uninstall the nVidia drivers.

The GT 740 does not need/use the nVidia drivers as it is not a Maxwell GPU card. Boot using the nv_disable=1 and uninstall the nVidia drivers.

Thank you, before I had installed the drivers, I had to boot using nv_disable=1, and the refresh was terrible, I tried the drivers, and did not work so I un installed them, but now I'm back to square one
Need to boot using nv_disable=1 but you can barely do anything because of the screen refresh....

I have to enter cpus=1 to get into the clover installer. I can successfully install OSX but I need to enter cpus=1 every time or I get a kernel panic within the first few seconds after seeing the Apple logo. My system uses the R4E and 4930k, same as Shilohh.

Anybody have any idea why I need cpus=1 and how to fix? I've searched through this thread and cannot find a situation like mine.

I need some help.

I have been running for quite a while and out of the blue when I rebooted I get a Panic in "Kernel_task"

Not quite sure what it could be since I keep my machine running for weeks without reboots. This has happened 3 times now and duping my drive to another drive, reformatting and partitioning the drive back and duping back and then reinstalling all my backed up Clover files fixes it.

I can also boot into Verbose Single User mode and then just "Exit" and I am back in business.

Both these options are tedious and a pain in the butt since they happen at critical times.

Does anyone have any idea what is possibly going on? I have redone my DSDT, and even reinstalled from scratch but it will just reoccur a short time later. I might add that after a fresh/dupe I can reboot just fine for a while. It seems like its after usage.

I have to enter cpus=1 to get into the clover installer. I can successfully install OSX but I need to enter cpus=1 every time or I get a kernel panic within the first few seconds after seeing the Apple logo. My system uses the R4E and 4930k, same as Shilohh.

Anybody have any idea why I need cpus=1 and how to fix? I've searched through this thread and cannot find a situation like mine.
What version bios are you on? Using the VoodooTSCSync kext should solve the problem but I've only experienced this with much older versions of the bios. I forgot wich version solved the issue so the kext was no longer needed

I need some help.

I have been running for quite a while and out of the blue when I rebooted I get a Panic in "Kernel_task"

Not quite sure what it could be since I keep my machine running for weeks without reboots. This has happened 3 times now and duping my drive to another drive, reformatting and partitioning the drive back and duping back and then reinstalling all my backed up Clover files fixes it.

I can also boot into Verbose Single User mode and then just "Exit" and I am back in business.

Both these options are tedious and a pain in the butt since they happen at critical times.

Does anyone have any idea what is possibly going on? I have redone my DSDT, and even reinstalled from scratch but it will just reoccur a short time later. I might add that after a fresh/dupe I can reboot just fine for a while. It seems like its after usage.
Youll probably have to troubleshoot it yourself. Kernel task is the root of the operating system itself so that doesn't really point you in any direction. I'd guess that something you installed is causing the panic. It could be hardware or even just a corrupted plist file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back