Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme
CPU
Core i7-3930k
Graphics
GTX 680 2GB
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Centris, iBook, iMac, LC, Performa, Portable, Power Mac, PowerBook, Quadra, Workgroup Server
Mobile Phone
iOS
Just a quick follow up to my 10.14 upgrade post:

I have SpeedStep working great by using the enclosed kexts from 10.13.6. They are patched using the same technique in my 10.12 upgrade post. Just install them using your favorite kext installer utility and you are set.

I have upgraded to 10.14.1. After fixing my serial number I have even have full Messages support. Mojave in dark mode really rocks!

Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 1.07.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 1.10.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 1.10.56 PM.png

Warning: This is great if you have a Mojave supported GPU like my GTX 680; but not so great if you do not.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
R4BE
CPU
i7-4930k
Graphics
GTX980ti
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Congratulation on getting Mohave running MK500!

I'm having issues getting up to High Sierra from Sierra. The installer worked fine but I'm having bootloader issues. Sometimes I can get into High Sierra but often the system just reboots and refuses to boot in HS. I've tried multiple variations of EFI and non of them are consistent.

Could someone post the image of their EFI in High Sierra?
I'm on a R4BE, i7-4930k, GTX 980ti.

Thanks!

Motherboard
Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
CPU
4930k 4.2Ghz
Graphics
EVGA 780ti KingPin Classified's
Mobile Phone
iOS
Congratulation on getting Mohave running MK500!

I'm having issues getting up to High Sierra from Sierra. The installer worked fine but I'm having bootloader issues. Sometimes I can get into High Sierra but often the system just reboots and refuses to boot in HS. I've tried multiple variations of EFI and non of them are consistent.

Could someone post the image of their EFI in High Sierra?
I'm on a R4BE, i7-4930k, GTX 980ti.

Thanks!
Give this a go, works ok here, currently getting Mojave working.
I'm on a R4BE, i7-4930k, GTX 780Ti's x2 Kingpins
High Sierra 13.6

Having difficulty uploading efi image config for starters, explain how, and I'll do it for you

Attachments

Motherboard
R4BE
CPU
i7-4930k
Graphics
GTX980ti
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
High Sierra 13.6

Having difficulty uploading efi image config for starters, explain how, and I'll do it for you
Thanks for your reply, Blindfitter!

I finally was able to resolve my bootloader issue by removing a conflicting SMC kext, system now boots fine!
I'm still curious to see a "proper" EFI partition though, I might have too many Drivers64 UEFI and kexts installed.
Mine is attached.

Thanks for the help!

P*

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
CPU
4930k 4.2Ghz
Graphics
EVGA 780ti KingPin Classified's
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi, Here you go for comparison, ? why have you doubled up kexts in 10.13 and other, you haven't got them doubled again in S,L,E.

have now got Mojave running on most apps, will when fully done up date here, used MK500 idea of loading Mojave onto separate ssd then transferring to x79 and going from there, some updated kexts and drivers and it's running ok.

Attachments

Motherboard
R4BE
CPU
i7-4930k
Graphics
GTX980ti
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi, Here you go for comparison, ? why have you doubled up kexts in 10.13 and other, you haven't got them doubled again in S,L,E.

have now got Mojave running on most apps, will when fully done up date here, used MK500 idea of loading Mojave onto separate ssd then transferring to x79 and going from there, some updated kexts and drivers and it's running ok.
Funny how different systems require different kexts. My system goes into kernel panic and reboot loop if I use Lilu.kext. Totally had to remove it. I'm now running a leaner EFI kext list, closer to MK500 above. It is slow to boot but runs fine afterwards. I feel there's probably a kext causing the issue in S/L/E. I didn't think the system could run without the GenericUSBXHCI but it doesn't seem to need it.

Attachments

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170M D3H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
High Sierra 13.6

You need to right click on the EFI folder and select compress. That way it will upload.

Motherboard
Asus Rampage VI Extreme
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
GTX 1080 TI
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
High Sierra 13.6

Hey @Blindfitter,

Would you mind uploading your EFI, as I have the same issue with High Sierra using the Rampage IV Black Edition.

How to upload your EFI folder:
  • compress the EFI folder using any archiver and create a compress EFI.zip file
  • Simply upload the EFI.zip as an attachment :)
--Curious/\/\ac