Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having ...

Are the people who are running the AMD card R9-280 and alike having the same issue wake to black screen?

Most part of people have issue with sleep/wake.
I'm unable to solve the question.
Perhaps, probably, the unsolved problem is concerning a graphics question.
:banghead:

Most part of people have issue with sleep/wake.
I'm unable to solve the question.
Perhaps, probably, the unsolved problem is concerning a graphics question.
:banghead:

Thats why I asked the question if wake from sleep gives black screen with AMD R9-280 if so then I would say not a graphics issue.

I have done tests on my Z170 Asus Hero Motherboard with same GFX Nvidia EVGA GTX 770, I just now upgraded that PC to 10.13.1 no issues what so ever with sleep/wake. The System Definition being used is iMac18,2 Kaby lake Processor. So I believe it comes down to something else maybe some Bios setting, USB issue, kext in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/other or possible trying another system definition other than MacPro6,1.

Do these settings look correct in my Clover Config ACPI section?

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 9.13.08 PM.png

Last edited:
Thats why I asked the question if wake from sleep gives black screen with AMD R9-280 if so then I would say not a graphics issue.

I have done tests on my Z170 Asus Hero Motherboard with same GFX Nvidia EVGA GTX 770, I just now upgraded that PC to 10.13.1 no issues what so ever with sleep/wake. The System Definition being used is iMac18,2 Kaby lake Processor. So I believe it comes down to something else maybe some Bios setting, USB issue, kext in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/other or possible trying another system definition other than MacPro6,1.

Do these settings look correct in my Clover Config ACPI section?

View attachment 290587

Yes, I've same problem (sleep/wake) with my RX 480.
Black Screen after wake and Reset button seems don't work (I've to push/hold 5 sec power button to turn off my hackintosh).

Your config.plist seems ok.

Yes, I've same problem (sleep/wake) with my RX 480.
Black Screen after wake and Reset button seems don't work (I've to push/hold 5 sec power button to turn off my hackintosh).

Your config.plist seems ok.

I tried a few things like changing smbios to iMac14,2, tried a couple darkwake settings, removed VoodooTSSync and GenericXHCI kexts and tried a few changes in Bios and nothing helps. I might try AptioFix2 instead of v1 to see if that helps but for me after so many boots with AptioFix2 I get some kind of crash and its difficult to get out of it. I can see the motherboard has crashed when I try to wake it, I can hear the CPU fan/System fans flutter and LEDs are flashing near the memory.

I wonder if a Real Mac Pro might have any issues upon wake. Is Shilohh still providing support for this thread for HS 10.13.x?

Edited:

Simple Google search shows real mac pro users having a similar issue with wake to black screen.

Last edited:
This is the best guide for Rampage 4 Extreme, I used it the last time to install Mavericks.

Now I'm installing Yosemite but my installer crashes at 1/3 of the loading bar and it shows a blocking white icon.
I have my BIOS configured and the CloverUSB done without problems. My processor is i7-3930k, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM and Nvidia GT-610 Video Card connected by VGA.

What do you think is going wrong?

I've uploaded some images, I've checked every step and coppied each required file I just don't know, it keeps crashing. Anyway This new Clover thing is new for me, but I'm welling to learn
Meanwhile I'll keep trying to see if I find a solution

Attachments

• IMG_20171127_135816[1].jpg
    IMG_20171127_135816[1].jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 172
  • IMG_20171127_135907[1].jpg
    IMG_20171127_135907[1].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 164
Last edited:
This is the best guide for Rampage 4 Extreme, I used it the last time to install Mavericks.

Now I'm installing Yosemite but my installer crashes at 1/3 of the loading bar and it shows a blocking white icon.
I have my BIOS configured and the CloverUSB done without problems. My processor is i7-3930k, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM and Nvidia GT-610 Video Card connected by VGA.

What do you think is going wrong?

I've uploaded some images, I've checked every step and coppied each required file I just don't know, it keeps crashing. Anyway This new Clover thing is new for me, but I'm welling to learn
Meanwhile I'll keep trying to see if I find a solution

Try remove eapdfix from EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER
Audio maybe don't work... but it's a secondary problem (after you put back EAPDFIX in EFI partition again).

Try remove eapdfix from EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER
Audio maybe don't work... but it's a secondary problem (after you put back EAPDFIX in EFI partition again).

Thank you, it worked, now Yosemite is installed.
I just have to figure out how to get the audio working without messing up the MacOS boot.

Anyone having trouble with unresponsiveness? Usually it takes me a few clicks to activate a widow I want to use. Although this build is a few years old, it really shouldn't be this slow. Any tips? I'm running the exact build in the original post on El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back