Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've prepared a test SSDT for your GPU. Keep your USB installer handy as you may need to boot from it using f8 if it doesn't work and you can't boot. It looks like you got your graphics sorted (maybe using the kexts from the black screen thread?) but this SSDT would give you HDMI audio if it works.

As for your SATA ports, look in the UEFI BIOS to see if there is "Hot Plug" support settings for those ports. If there is, disable it. If there is not, the 3rd party sata kext from multibeast should make them show as internal. Else we could try a SSDT fix.

:clap::clap::clap:Shilohh, you are the champ!:clap::clap::clap:
Magically, everything works now. GPU, sleep, audio, chat and even the SATA issue solved. I've used h'kintish for more than 5 years and I've tried clover many times but I could never go beyond the Nvidia black screen. So I just want to thank you again for your patience and help!!!! Thank you so much Shilohh!!!!:thumbup:

:clap::clap::clap:Shilohh, you are the champ!:clap::clap::clap:
Magically, everything works now. GPU, sleep, audio, chat and even the SATA issue solved. I've used h'kintish for more than 5 years and I've tried clover many times but I could never go beyond the Nvidia black screen. So I just want to thank you again for your patience and help!!!! Thank you so much Shilohh!!!!:thumbup:
Great! If you don't mind, outline what you've done and what fixed what for other E WS owners to see. And please send me a new IOReg so I can see how the GPU is loaded with the SSDT

Great! If you don't mind, outline what you've done and what fixed what for other E WS owners to see. And please send me a new IOReg so I can see how the GPU is loaded with the SSDT

Thanks Shilohh. Of course!

Basically I followed Shilohh's guide for everything except the following.

Bootflags
Before I had the nvidia working I was using these bootflags
Code:
-v darkwake=0 npci=0x3000 kext-dev-mode=1 nv_disable=1 NoCaches UseKernelCache=No

After installing Shilohh's custom SSDT-1.aml from this post, chaged the bootflags to
Code:
-v darkwake=0 npci=0x3000 kext-dev-mode=1 NoCaches UseKernelCache=No GraphicsEnabler=No nvda_drv=1
you can remove -v when you are done done.

Nvidia Black Screen Fix
Installed Lilu.kext & NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext from this Shilohh's guide.

Marvell SATA
Any internal hhd connected to marvell SATA ports were showing up as external drives. And like Shilohh said installing '3rd party SATA' from multibeast solved this problem

GPU in PCI slot #1
Also initially my GPU was in PCI slot #3. It was due to my CPU fan being too large. But after reading Shilohh's suggestion, I had "courage" to carefully "force" it into PCI slot#1 and it fitted in perfectly.

Cache?
Now the only part that I am not 100% sure is the use of these bootflags.
Code:
NoCaches UseKernelCache=No
without these sometimes my machine won't boot. I forgot the error message at the time. But I found these bootflags from other posts and it worked. No more kernel panic. I wonder if it is ok to continue to use my machine with no Kernel cache but so far everything works perfectly. I just wanted to mention because I have no idea what I am doing with these bootflags :lol:

Shilohh, thanks again for your help and my latest ioreg is attached here. Thank you so much!!!!!!!

Attachments

• macpro_ioreg_v4.ioreg
    10.7 MB · Views: 135
@rushmore777,
Did you use the SSDT I posted for you? If you you did install it, it's not loaded so remove it.

Yes I did. I placed your SSDT-1.aml in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. replacing the one in there.
Should I remove it and bring the orginal one back?

Yes I did. I placed your SSDT-1.aml in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. replacing the one in there.
Should I remove it and bring the orginal one back?
Just delete it all together. Neither of them will do anything on your board.

Seems like it runs fine without the SSDT. Thanks again for the guide Shilohh!

Last edited:
Hey Shilohh,

I've followed your tutorial long time ago and got Yosemite up and running (eternally grateful for the help). The time has come for update since I can't run softwares I use for work anymore - they require the latest OS X...

I tried to simply update to Sierra, but of course that didn't work and now I can't enter my system. I intended from the start to format the whole drive and do a clean install, so this doesn't bother me.

I've managed to get to the Clover GUI, started install from USB but somewhere in the middle of installation got a broken screen, with a familiar "x" sign written over the broken text (see attachment).

On the last line of text that is recognizable it says "Failed to find Apple HDA controller after 80 attempts, background process stopped".

Any idea what's the problem here?

P.S. My video card is GTX760, which should be UEFI Compliant so I set Launch CSM to Disabled. But after restarting from BIOS I got a message "The VGA card is not supported by UEFI driver. CSM settings have been changed for better compatibility". So I continued forward to the install with Launch CSM set to Enabled.

Attachments

• IMG_5839.JPG
    IMG_5839.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Hey Shilohh,

I've followed your tutorial long time ago and got Yosemite up and running (eternally grateful for the help). The time has come for update since I can't run softwares I use for work anymore - they require the latest OS X...

I tried to simply update to Sierra, but of course that didn't work and now I can't enter my system. I intended from the start to format the whole drive and do a clean install, so this doesn't bother me.

I've managed to get to the Clover GUI, started install from USB but somewhere in the middle of installation got a broken screen, with a familiar "x" sign written over the broken text (see attachment).

On the last line of text that is recognizable it says "Failed to find Apple HDA controller after 80 attempts, background process stopped".

Any idea what's the problem here?

P.S. My video card is GTX760, which should be UEFI Compliant so I set Launch CSM to Disabled. But after restarting from BIOS I got a message "The VGA card is not supported by UEFI driver. CSM settings have been changed for better compatibility". So I continued forward to the install with Launch CSM set to Enabled.
Are you using all the new files? The big change after yosemite was that USB2 ports stopped working (SSDT-8.aml solves this). That would explain it if you are trying to install from a USB stick.

Are you using all the new files? The big change after yosemite was that USB2 ports stopped working (SSDT-8.aml solves this). That would explain it if you are trying to install from a USB stick.

Followed your tutorial to the letter, so I would say yes - new files. And yes, booting from USB just like you explained in the tutorial.

I didn't remove any of the files from the AsusX79Files folder, all of them are there (SSDT-0.aml, SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-8.aml, SSDT-9.aml). I just copied the whole directory. Should I leave just the SSDT-8.aml and remove all other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back