Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about issues using the Rampage Gene instead?
I really can't give you an accurate answer about the Gene. My concerns would be whether or not the BIOS is unlocked for CPU power management and whether onboard audio would work. The BIOS may be able to be patched by CodeRush's tool if it's not unlocked already but it looks like it might use different audio hardware.

You should seek the assistance of those who have experience with that board. All I can give you is hypotheticals.

It is better to put the kexts in /S/L/E than to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9 ????

It is better to put the kexts in /S/L/E than to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9 ????
I think so. FakeSMC, GenericUSBXHCI and AppleIntelE1000e can go in EFI for auto injection but the other 2 must go in /S/L/E or they won't work. AppleHDA is the only one that will be overwritten by updates but it can't work in EFI. I see no reason to put some in EFI when any of them must go in SLE.

Hey Shilohh,

I hope I'm not in breach of the forum but I was hoping you could guide me on a similar build I'm doing to this one. If you have the time, my buying advice thread is below:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-ad...age-iv-black-edition-core-i7-4930k-build.html

Btw, I must say you did an incredible work with your build, and I'm hoping I can have similar success and share it. Thanks in advance for any assistance you could give through the process as it's my first serious PC Build.

Cheers.

How about the built-in wireless/bluetooth, do they work ?
There is no onboard wifi on the R4E. The onboard Bluetooth is buggy and not worth messing with in win or OS X. Even the moderators at the asus rog forum recommend disabling or physically removing it (it's clipped on to the side of the back panel usb2 ports). Nothing a $15-20 OS X compatible USB BT module couldn't fix.

Awesome Congrats!!
that's too close to my current built :
Core i7-4930K - Asus X79 deluxe - Adata DDR3 1600 (8X2) - GTX 780
so do you think that this build will success? btw I'm new to this.
Thanks

Great work Shilohh! Looks like a GREAT system. Your friend is lucky to have you.
Thanks MK500. If you hadn't started it, I wouldn't be here. Seriously! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back