Contribute
Register

i7 4790k running 90-100ºC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey! You should be rubbing your hands together in anticipation

• :D

I am :D

Btw: I do have the 4790K, I was just mentioning the 5930K because they used that as a reference on the box in which the cooler came in. I am not quite at their temps but I guess it should be fine still. They probably used ideal lab conditions anyways.

Okay, just check you Vcore voltage and make sure it is set to 1.3 ish, which is ample for standard settings. Mine was auto set by the gigabyte board to 1.5, too high!

Okay, just check you Vcore voltage and make sure it is set to 1.3 ish, which is ample for standard settings. Mine was auto set by the gigabyte board to 1.5, too high!

I didn't change anything anywhere yet about the clock speed and mine is (according to HWMonitor) currently at 1.284V.
Maybe someone used your specific board for some overclocking and then returned it to the shop where you bought it or it is just a manufacturing error maybe.

Btw: Just for your comparison, I am running Handbrake for 10-15 minutes already and the temps stayed around 67°C so far.

Excellent,

Run it for a while just to make sure all the components are well.
BTW, What RAM do you have in there?

Cool, I will post my setting for you tomorrow. Just as a starting point for you :)

I'm running a new 8700 (3.2 gHz 6-core i7) and Intel Power Gadget says it's 100 C pkg. I'm using the stock cpu cooler and the air coming off the cpu doesn't seem warm at all. However, the PSU fan's air is quite warm. I wonder if the Power Gadget is providing the PS temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back