Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X99-A
CPU
Intel i7-5930K
Graphics
Asus Strix GTX 970
Hello everyone,

I have been doing a recent build for a friend and have been having issues with the overclock. I'm using a Z87X-UD5H board with i7-4770K. The chip overclocks fine and boots into Windows with no problem, but it will not boot into Mavericks after the Chimera bootloader is finished. It give a "memory allocation error" and will not boot. I have tested the ram with memtest86, and there are no problems. The ram is 2400mhz, but I under-clocked it to 1333mhz just to be safe. Can anyone help?

Much appreciated.

Motherboard
Asrock Z370 Taichi
CPU
Graphics
AMD Fury X/Intel UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does it boot into Mavericks if the over clock is removed? Does the Memory allocation error include the term Deadbeef?

Motherboard
Asus X99-A
CPU
Intel i7-5930K
Graphics
Asus Strix GTX 970
Yes, it boots fine with the overclock removed, and it seems to work fine with an overclock up to 4.3Ghz. Above that it doesn't seem to want to boot. Another user reported a similar problem in another thread. I'm not sure why the change in speed would produce that error. No, I don't recall the error including the term "deadbeef", although that sounds amusing.

Any thoughts why the higher Ghz speeds would cause a memory error like that?

Motherboard
Asrock Z370 Taichi
CPU
Graphics
AMD Fury X/Intel UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Some of the memory allocation errors on Hackintosh builds include the term "deadbeef" I think it means there is a problem with the GPU. I have my Asrock Z87 Extreme9/ac over clocked to 4.4ghz and the memory runs at 2200 mhz. The memory is rated at 2400mhz but I couldn't get it to boot at 2400mhz. I don't know why OSX seems to be more sensitive to speed than Windows on your build. You should be able to get your memory speed higher than 1333 mhz with the cpu set at 4.3ghz. Some people say that anything over 1866mhz does not provide much more performance.

What is the fastest memory speed you have tried with windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.