Contribute
Register

i7-4770K and z87x-u5dh build freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I don't think this has anything to do with the updated BIOS settings.
Have you installed/uninstalled some software during these 2 days of uptime?

This kernel panic looks points to software issues: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3353577

Try hard reboot (complete shutdown and then start up) and try to access Safe-Mode if this doesn't help.

Good luck!
I have also tried to boot from my backup , its the same.

I gave up on this board and returned it.

My next bord will definitely not an Gigabyte Bord.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you :(
I was also about to return my GA board but thankfully in the end everything worked out.
Best of luck with your new board!

Cheers!

Like oScarCRO, things ultimately worked out for me but I'm not exactly sure why. I did my best to isolate and troubleshoot but computers can be such a pain in the arse mystery sometimes that I'm not sure where to put the blame. The motherboard seems like the likely culprit.

And thank you, oScarCRO for such a detailed and exhaustive troubleshooting writeup. That was awesome. :clap:

Thx froggy ;)

We all have to help each other - it's frustrating to me when people don't explain how they got to the solution as then I don't know what have they tried before getting there... Sometimes the true value lays in way you take and not the destination where you end up :)

All the best!

oScarCRO your system is stable or stil freezing after these last changes?

bump memory voltage by +0.5V and disable XMP..

Newbie questions, my DRAM Voltage Control says 1.500V and if I want to up by +0.5V it would be 1.550V, correct? or should it be 1.505V?

1. Set CPU Base Clock to 100.1 instead of auto or 100

Same goes for this? my clock says 100.01, would going up by 0.1 mean 100.01 or 100.

Thanks!

Newbie questions, my DRAM Voltage Control says 1.500V and if I want to up by +0.5V it would be 1.550V, correct? or should it be 1.505V?

One and a half plus a half is two.

So, 1.500V + 0.5V = 2.0 V

my clock says 100.01, would going up by 0.1 mean 100.01 or 100.

100.01 + 0.1 = 100.11

Thank you for the quick reply! I'm still not sure if I understand correctly though.
Ok, wow so my RAM is rated at 1.500V so should I take it all the way to 2.000V? there's a red warning sign there.

I guess I didn't explain myself correctly for the CPU clock. My clock goes starts at 100.00 and I'm wondering if the 100.1 that Oscar was referring is the same as 100.01 or 100.10

Greetings Hackintosh enthusiasts,

bumped-up RAM voltage to 1.55V - that's +0.5 from what manufactured stated to be enough to operate at this frequency.

I guess the +0.5 should be more +0.05V right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back