Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I have recently installed mavericks on my Hackintosh, and everything works, except for a problem with the cpu speed. It will only work at 3.4GHz or 800MHz. I would be grateful if someone could explain what this means and a way to fix it, if any. I have done some research, and to me it seems to have to do with "P-states"?

Specs:
i7-4770 (Not K) -- GA-Z87X-UD3H -- HD4600

Please forgive me if I posted in the wrong section of the forum, I am kind of new to this :)

Thanks,
devdev001

CPUSpeed.jpg

You need a ssdt.aml in your /Extra folder. Here is a ton of information here
http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/

What it boils down to is obtain the ssdtPRGen.sh script, rename the output and put it in /Extra

I was even able to over clock my non K i7 3770, all four cores turbo up to 4.0 GHZ, some EFI settings are also needed with the ssdt.aml

You need a ssdt.aml in your /Extra folder. Here is a ton of information here
http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/

What it boils down to is obtain the ssdtPRGen.sh script, rename the output and put it in /Extra

I was even able to over clock my non K i7 3770, all four cores turbo up to 4.0 GHZ, some EFI settings are also needed with the ssdt.aml

Thanks for this, I got turbo working. Sadly, the lower power states do not work...

I downloaded ssdtPRGen.sh and used i7-4770 as my cpu. Then I copied the SSDT to /Extra. I also enabled it in org.chameleon.boot.plist.

Any other ideas?

devdev001

I also have the i7-4770 (non-k), and it's been stuck at 3.69ghz. I've looked through the ssdt forum, but I didn't see anything specific to this cpu.

Could you provide me with the steps you took in order to increase the cpu frequency? I would begin to experiment on my own, but since you've already taken the first steps, I figured you might assist me. ???

My single goal at this point is to get this cpu to 3.9 ghz.

I also have the i7-4770 (non-k), and it's been stuck at 3.69ghz. I've looked through the ssdt forum, but I didn't see anything specific to this cpu.

Could you provide me with the steps you took in order to increase the cpu frequency? I would begin to experiment on my own, but since you've already taken the first steps, I figured you might assist me. ???

My single goal at this point is to get this cpu to 3.9 ghz.

If you are referring to the about this mac window, I have the same exact thing. What I was originally talking about was the actual speed at which the CPU runs. For me, it was stuck at 3.4 GHz, and turbo was not working. The 3.69Ghz you are seeing is just cosmetic if I understand correctly. I have attached my SSDT file, so feel free to play around with it... Put it in /Extra and add DropSSDT to boot.plist. I don't think this will change the About this mac window though.

About this Mac.png

View attachment SSDT.aml

If you have NullCPUPowerManagment.kext installed, you should delete it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back