Contribute
Register

i7 3930K LGA 2011 Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know more about this issue? I'm curious whether my Red Rocket will work properly on an LGA 2011 system with i7-3930k. Playback sync issues I could handle, but sync issues in exported files would be a disaster.

ybott said:
Hi guys,

I'm having audio/video desync issues when using a 'RedRocket' card (a PCIe video hardware decoder). Mouse/window movement is jerky and audio drops out. It looks like a possible clock/HPET issue, as though I haven't set busratio in the boot plist (but I have!). In system profiler my 3930K still shows up as 3.2Ghz (although it's 4.4GHz, 44x100), and it says the bus speed is 400Mhz. Is it worth injecting the right info into the config.plist? If so, what is the CPU type and what other info should I include?? I have busratio=44 but have also tried 32 with no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks!

mickguz said:
jgbsound said:
So I actually bought the 3930k LGA 2011 processor AND I also bought the ASUS P9X79 PRO with the Intel X79 chipset.

My plan was to eventually dual boot it; one logical drive Win7-64bit, and hack a second drive under SnowLeopard. Do you really think SnowLeopard won't support the Sandy Bridge-E processor or should I give it a try?

I can always wait to do this of course. My old computer finally gave up the ghost so I needed something and I figured I'd try and future-proof it a litte bit (at least for a little while anyway).

Any suggestions you guys have would be great. I'm a noob when it comes to building a hackintosh but have a fair amount of old DOS programming and system admin experience. :?

The 3930K and Asus P79X79 motherboards work great with Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Running stable at 4.4 gigs, Network and sound work, USB 3.0 and power management don't.

According to your Geekbench scores it really looks so ! :clap:

I am planning to switch from a running smoothly X58 (RIIIE) setup to X79 (R4F or R4E) and i really want to keep my previous install of Snow Leopard.

I was seriously doubting when i created a topic and a person wrote that 10.6.8 and X79 is KO.

Browsing this thread and particularly all your answers just made my day ! :D

I'm running Lion 10.7.4 on a P9X79 Deluxe @4.65GHz with 32GB RAM and a GTX460. Everything is working except for having no audio and sometimes when I come back to the desktop my screen shows snow. Is it possible I have extra video drivers loaded that I should remove? Also, every time I start up these 2 windows pop up. How can I stop this from happening?

boot1.png

boot2.png

hey guys, was wondering if anyone has an asus p9x79 (not the pro or premium nor the WS model, the basic p9x79) and if they got the audio working, i know it has alc 892, i used the 892 kext/patch from multibeast, i was getting any audio, worked with the voodoo kexts but it had the hissing noise.

so please let me know if anyone was able to get it working.

also, is the gtx 480 good for hackintosh cuz i can get my hands on one for dirt cheap and also thinking might get 2 and do sli.

Thanks

I have kind of skip read this, but i think that the combination of the 3930k and the Asus P9x79 pro has been done, here's the link.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=58280

Sorry didn't realize this a 23 page post, so my comment has undoubtedly been said multiple times before, sorry for the nooby error.

I don't mind better audio support to get cleaner audio out if there's a better solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back