Contribute
Register

i7 3930K LGA 2011 Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
jgbsound said:
So I actually bought the 3930k LGA 2011 processor AND I also bought the ASUS P9X79 PRO with the Intel X79 chipset.

My plan was to eventually dual boot it; one logical drive Win7-64bit, and hack a second drive under SnowLeopard. Do you really think SnowLeopard won't support the Sandy Bridge-E processor or should I give it a try?

I can always wait to do this of course. My old computer finally gave up the ghost so I needed something and I figured I'd try and future-proof it a litte bit (at least for a little while anyway).

Any suggestions you guys have would be great. I'm a noob when it comes to building a hackintosh but have a fair amount of old DOS programming and system admin experience. :?

The 3930K and Asus P79X79 motherboards work great with Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Running stable at 4.4 gigs, Network and sound work, USB 3.0 and power management don't.

Thanks mickguz. This gives me hope and the courage to forge ahead. I get the processor in this coming mid-week and I plan to build as soon as I can. I'll keep you posted. If you have any tips or anything you learned worked or didn't work, let me know and I'll try and do it along those lines. I'll keep you guys posted on my progress. :)

Hi iam kind of new here i have done 6 hackingotsh builds before but this one is a headache

Any adivce on what to search

i have the same i7 cpu 16 gb ram and gtx 580

Motherbaord Asus P79X79

I found an awesome guy who's diligently working on solving hackintosh problems for this exact configuration. He's still in the process of working out all the kinks (specifically USB3 and Power stuff) but he's on the path to solving most of them soon. His handle is maleorderbride.

Also, search under P9X79 and look for info on those who have attempted a hack. It's not perfect yet but some have made headway.

Keep me posted too on your failures/sucesses? I just got my new system built and am loading windows and a few apps on the x64 side. I'm going to start on the hacked disk soon.

Cheers,
jgbsound

mrpromo said:
Hi iam kind of new here i have done 6 hackingotsh builds before but this one is a headache

Any adivce on what to search

i have the same i7 cpu 16 gb ram and gtx 580

Motherbaord Asus P79X79

Thanks ,

I to will compose my own Tut on this CPU and board this weekend ,

It took me 5 hours in total but now i have fully functional Hackingtosh
My way i so much easier for anyone to do

I7 3930k Overclocked x6 = 12 threads @4.4ghz
Water cooling
16 Gb ddr3 1600 mhz Ram
Gtx 580 ddr5 1536mb
65 gb Ocz pertrol SSD sata 111
2Tb western digital Sata
1tb western digital Sata
Apple 27 Led Cinema Display
Magic Mouse
Apple wired Keyboard

mrpromo said:
Thanks ,

I to will compose my own Tut on this CPU and board this weekend ,

It took me 5 hours in total but now i have fully functional Hackingtosh
My way i so much easier for anyone to do

Did you get your audio working? Mine still doesn't work.

Hi mrpromo,

This is exciting news, I have been sitting on the fence for too long, had been waiting for some 3930k success stories, looking forward to ordering up now, and reading your tut. Will be ordering this week.

Thanks a lot!

thanks maleorderbride ,

Checking it out now, quite a lot to take in for a newbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back