Contribute
Register

i7 3930K LGA 2011 Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys,
i´m following this thread for quite a while and i also want to upgrade to a x79 LGA2011 system. though not sure, what components to pick yet.
anyway thanks a lot for trying to make this work!! :clap:

@XLR:
did you see this thread? viewtopic.php?f=169&t=39495&start=20
TheAggie has an ASUS Rampage Extreme IV / BF3 Edition, which also looks promising.
he also extracted his .dsl http://cl.ly/Cqob
is this interesting for you?

Just waiting for my Intel liquid heatsink to arrive and I will give this a shot and let everyone know how it goes. It should arrive on Monday.

I don't anticipate any problems with anything other than sleep/power management, but as most of you no doubt know those can be the most difficult to deal with. Here's hoping!

maleorderbride said:
Just waiting for my Intel liquid heatsink to arrive and I will give this a shot and let everyone know how it goes. It should arrive on Monday.

I don't anticipate any problems with anything other than sleep/power management, but as most of you no doubt know those can be the most difficult to deal with. Here's hoping!
Good luck, what kind of motherboard are going for?

maffel said:
maleorderbride said:

MIS X79A-GD65. I might order the same ASUS motherboard that you are using as well, but the audio/ethernet are normal chipsets that are already working with Lion, so I thought it wise to start there.

Plus, MSI tends to have more OS X friendly BIOSes that greatly reduce the number of DSDT edits necessary.

maleorderbride said:
maffel said:
maleorderbride said:

MIS X79A-GD65. I might order the same ASUS motherboard that you are using as well, but the audio/ethernet are normal chipsets that are already working with Lion, so I thought it wise to start there.

Plus, MSI tends to have more OS X friendly BIOSes that greatly reduce the number of DSDT edits necessary.

How are you getting on? :)

[/quote]

How are you getting on? :)[/quote]

Macmall has yet to even ship the fan despite it being ordered 5 business days ago with 2 day shipping.

So, I am not really getting on at all =/

maleorderbride said:
Macmall has yet to even ship the fan despite it being ordered 5 business days ago with 2 day shipping.

I had some time to try installing on my MSI-X79-GD65 based PC today with mixed results. Installed 10.7.2 using unibeast and got everything up and running with the easybeast kexts and a simple boot plist. Ethernet worked OOB even.

The disappointing issue is that I can only get the system to boot using cpus=1 where it then only uses 1 core of the CPU. I've tried a number of things to fix this including setting busratio=57 and cpus=6 and it still doesn't work. Verbose mode throws a number of errors depending on the exact config.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this or is this MOBO a lost cause for the time being?

EDIT: For what it's worth I've attached the DSDT for this board.

Current installed kexts:

AppleIntelE1000e (ethernet stopped working and had to install this...)
AHCI-3rdParty_SATA.kext (don't think its needed)
EvOreboot
FakeSMC
NullCPUPowerManagement

Chameleon plist:

<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Attachments

• X79GD65(8D).aml
    29.2 KB · Views: 102
dashbad said:
maleorderbride said:

I had some time to try installing on my MSI-X79-GD65 based PC today with mixed results. Installed 10.7.2 using unibeast and got everything up and running with the easybeast kexts and a simple boot plist. Ethernet worked OOB even.

The disappointing issue is that I can only get the system to boot using cpus=1 where it then only uses 1 core of the CPU. I've tried a number of things to fix this including setting busratio=57 and cpus=6 and it still doesn't work. Verbose mode throws a number of errors depending on the exact config.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this or is this MOBO a lost cause for the time being?

EDIT: For what it's worth I've attached the DSDT for this board.

Current installed kexts:

AppleIntelE1000e (ethernet stopped working and had to install this...)
AHCI-3rdParty_SATA.kext (don't think its needed)
EvOreboot
FakeSMC
NullCPUPowerManagement

Chameleon plist:

<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

My fan arrives tomorrow. I also am going to do some edits to your DSDT to see if that allows the full use of all the cores. I will let you know if it works out.

So not working. I edited the DSDT down to 5 warnings and all errors are fixed.

Processor definitions are completely different than what I am used to seeing in socket 775, 1156, 1155, and 1366. I don't know what to do about it.

I tried adding the same type of Scope SB that I see in every other DSDT, but it does not seem to do anything at all.

This is with an MSI X79A-GD65. Ordering an ASUS board I guess =/

Attachments

• X79A 5 warnings.aml.zip
    9.1 KB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back