Contribute
Register

i7 3930K LGA 2011 Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice, so the install starts without any conflicts??? ;D

there were some...

will try to update that forum later or you can translate from polish ;-)

iStigPL said:
there were some...

will try to update that forum later or you can translate from polish

I'm part Polish, but never learned it. ;-) I'll be going through this same thing in a few more days when my parts arrive. I look forward to hear about whatever bumps you ran into.

small world ;-)

there is a lot of work to do: now using only one core, problem with graphics, power management etc...
but it's nice that it runs in some way... :-D

iStigPL said:
there is a lot of work to do: now using only one core, problem with graphics, power management etc...

Well that's not promising. Have you installed Lion on it, or is it still running Snow Leopard.

I tried both and was able to start from hdd using chameleon. Flag cpus=1 was needed, and 9800gt - with 6870 were problems. Nullcpupowermanagement was also necessary - patched AICPUPM not helped. I also tried voodootscsync instead of cpus=1 and system was starting, but was too slow to work.

iStigPL said:
I tried both and was able to start from hdd using chameleon. Flag cpus=1 was needed, and 9800gt - with 6870 were problems.

Interesting. Did you try with a single video card? I'm planning to use my Mac version of the nVidia Quadro 4K, which I know works in Lion. So I'm not expecting video issues.

The CPU flag has me concerned though...

Mate94 said:
but who is that idiot who buy something with any experience?

Both not polite AND not thinking.

All of us here, to one extent or another are doing and testing things that are beyond our experience. If we were not, we would only have actual Macs, or Windows boxes, setup by someone else.

WE are the people who are learning; maybe sometimes triping in the dark, othertimes running in the light of new discovery.

As with all things in life, someone has to be first. If some of us don't buy and try some hardware that has not been used/tested before then NONE of us would have ANY information about what parts/combinations are known to work or not work.

Rx4Mac

iStigPL said:
Flag cpus=1 was needed

According to my sources, that flag only tells OS X that it has one processor vs. one core. I'm still not sure why you needed it, other than perhaps OS X was hunting around for a second processor for some reason and causing the lag time in boot.

My Gigabyte motherboard arrives today; everything else is sitting on my kitchen counter waiting for it. As soon as I get it assembled and running, I'll report back here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back