Contribute
Register

I7 3820 and X79 Sabertooth support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I thought it needed some kext? And why isn't it the best idea? You think it will stop working in an update?
I have a Genuine Apple Radeon HD 5870 and updating from 10.12.3 to 10.12.4 killed it off apple added two new kexts AMDLegacyFrameBuffer.kext and AMDLegacySupport.kext which it needed to run and they are very poor blueish screen etc. I can't personally test the HD 6870 has this issue but it may. But I know the HD 7970 doesn't

I have a Genuine Apple Radeon HD 5870 and updating from 10.12.3 to 10.12.4 killed it off apple added two new kexts AMDLegacyFrameBuffer.kext and AMDLegacySupport.kext which it needed to run and they are very poor blueish screen etc. I can't personally test the HD 6870 has this issue but it may. But I know the HD 7970 doesn't
so you're not sure if the 6870 works ootb with sierra?

To be honest i doubt it will past 10.12.3 since it is pre GCN. Don't get me wrong it works but with poor performance blueish screen and stuff like that and it may not even have this issue i had with the 5870

read my updated post

my HD radeon 5870 still worked fine just had a blueish screen i wound up rolling back to 10.12.3 till i bought a new card

Ohh ok... Thanks... Would it work atleast for the installation? I can switch it out later for an nvidia card. What do I have to do to get it to atleast boot to the installation part?
It doesn't hurt to try I would be very interested to see if it even has the same problem i just checked and it will in fact use those Legacy kexts

It doesn't hurt to try I would be very interested to see if it even has the same problem i just checked and it will in fact use those Legacy kexts
ok thanks... so what do i have to do? right now i just have the stock unibeast drive... i enable appleintelcpu power management something in clover, and -v, anything else?

i checked and apple intel pm was enabled by default... so i just added in -v, and then it booted up to here, restarted, so i did the same thing again 20170507_204129.jpg

and then it came to here and froze (just stayed there didnt do anything for 5mins until i turned it off)
20170507_204230.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back