Contribute
Register

i7-3770 and asus p8z77-v lk working on lion os 10.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
update for you guys, got everything installed works. Only problem im having is with audio and playback. Got the drivers installed and the mic works but the speakers dont. Also youtube and itunes wont play. any ideas?

I'm running a VERY similar build (i5 3570 k and using the Lk version of this motherboard); however, I can't get Lion installed. I am able to actually get into the installer; however, it simply loads the grey textured background and then nothing happens.

Anyone have a suggestion as to why this could be happening?

oyong16 said:
HI... no need to use DSDT file for this motherboard?
I ask for details. That's what I P8Z77-V LE PLUS also is not here.

Jspec2012, congrats on your build!
Can you post you geekbench score (64-bit) for this system?

djhotcakes said:
update for you guys, got everything installed works. Only problem im having is with audio and playback. Got the drivers installed and the mic works but the speakers dont. Also youtube and itunes wont play. any ideas?

Im also Having a problem with audio? My audio shows up in About This Mac under Audio but theres nothing in System Preferences/Audio to choose. Any ideas why this could be?

This is how I was able to finally get my Realtek ALC892 sound working on the Asus P8Z77-V LK.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-10 at 9.25.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-10 at 9.25.18 PM.png
    300.8 KB · Views: 255
I'm using one 8GB DDR3-1333 PC3-10666 G.SKILL Memory with this motherboard, but the Diagnostics Power On Self Test says "Result: Failed, Failure Type: Memory"
Is this anything I should be concerned with? I posted the screen shot of this below and any input is greatly appreciated. :?

Attachments

• Failed POST Memory.png
    Failed POST Memory.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 255
Hey Jayspec2012, you said "actually I never had problems with sleep, it worked from the first day without problems"

But for me sleep is not working at all. How did you get sleep working using this motherboard? Did you use a SleepEnabler.kext? I tried a few sleepEnabler but as I expected none of them worked.
All and all I love this motherboard though and sleep is the last thing I'm concerned with, everything's working perfectly here so I can't complain. I love the quality of Asus motherboard so I didn't want to use a Gigabyte board because the ones that are in the same price range look too generic for my taste and had negative feedback on newegg.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back