Contribute
Register

i5-8400/ RX580 on 10.14.5 (FinalZee build) will not wake LG Television (intermittent)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z490 AORUS ELITE
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 5700XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently bought a used LG 65UJ7700 TV from a local seller. It is a 2012 model.

The previous TV a 60" Sharp Aquos never had this issue. So, I am likely 'S.O.L' for this one.

When waking from sleep, it is necessary to dis/reconnect the HDMI connection in order for the TV's display to wake up. It just says "No connection".
Once it is up, it operates perfectly and, it stays up with no issues until I allow the system to sleep again. (The TV's sleep timer is disabled)

I have tried every darkwake setting I can think that might apply... and updated to the current WEG and Lilu. But, the hack simply cannot wake the TV display without the dis/re connect which is becoming rather tiresome.

IGPU is enabled in BIOS (128Mb) due to the quickview and preview issues that are fixed by enabling it.

Any suggestions on what I might try to help with this?

some suggestions:

1. Disable CSM in BIOS
2. Set iGPU vram to auto instead of 128MB (not related to your issue)

some suggestions:

1. Disable CSM in BIOS
2. Set iGPU vram to auto instead of 128MB (not related to your issue)
Thank you for the reply.
CSM is already disabled and 'auto' VRAM causes problems with Quickview and Preview. Setting it firm at 128 for some reason stops this.

This looks like a AGDP issue. Search google ‘disable AGDP hackintosh’

This looks like a AGDP issue. Search google ‘disable AGDP hackintosh’
Found this. Are you suggesting I try disabling AGDP altogether? Or, attempt a different config...

[EDIT: Nevermind... that was a stupid question]

Last edited:
OK. I have read my eyes red... And, I can find no definitive way to use the information re: patching AGDP. Most of the posts I found are very old, incomplete, and/or apply to older versions of MacOS/OSX.

I happen to be using the Macmini8,1 SMBios. And, I wonder if a system that comes without a monitor would even set a policy regarding a display. I'm grasping at straws here.

Can anyone point to a clear-cut way to check/patch this? Or any other suggestions as to how to remedy the issue?

In desperation, I tracked down and updated WeG and Lilu again. I even tried some darkwake changes in plist. But, all of them, except darkwake=0 lead to a boot freeze.
-->On a related question; where can I find a table that explains what each of these darkwake settings actually does? I find the question a LOT. But, never any answers.

UPDATE:

I just updated another one of my builds (SonOfZee) to 10.14.5... It is connected to an LG 32" UHD monitor via HDMI and, also uses the MacMini 8,1 SMBIOS.

This system too, immediately started with the same behavior. When it sleeps, it will not wake the monitor. The behavior was not present the whole time that I was running 10.14.4

I have updated the Clover Boot loader, WeG, and Lilu to their most current versions.

Does THIS shed any light on the problem?

I am including the usual diagnostic files if anyone can tell what is going on.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.1 MB · Views: 55
  • SonOfZee_10_14_5.ioreg
    6.4 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Macmini8,1 does not have dGPU, use iMac19,2 instead.

1. update Clover to the latest (version: 4961)
2. after step one, use attached config.plist
3. i don't see Lilu and Weg in EFI, where did you put them?

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.3 KB · Views: 41
Very good point! Thanks for pointing that out. I will test 19,2 and, see how it responds.

I didn't even notice that iMac 19,x had been added.

Lilu and WeG are in S/L not in the EFI. And, Clover has already been updated.

System booted right up with 19,2 and no other changes. I will test the other changes you suggest in the plist one at a time. Right now, it's all about getting the TV to wake properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back