Contribute
Register

i5 4670k + Asus z87-plus + Intel graphics

Is this hardware stable??? What OSX works best (stability)

• YES!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO (because?)

• LION

• EL capitan

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z-87 Plus
CPU
i5 4670k
Graphics
Intel graphics
Hello every one
This is my first post on this forum and i hope i could have some help and support on this journey of mine!

YES! im building a hackintosh... actually, im converting my 3 year old pc into a hackintosh for my father and as a result, i will be able to buy for myself a i7 skylake and ddr4, z170 board... AS LONG AS i manage to make this! Or else, my father will simply buy a mac mini for 600$ and i stick to my current gear...

So right now, im looking at the fisrst step of hackintosh build guide, hardware.
I will build:
-i5 4670k running on integrated graphics (4600)
-Asus z87-plus motherboard
-600w uranovx cheapo supply
-Kingston SSD
-(2x4) 8GB 1600mhz Kingston Hyper BEAST
-Hummer 120mm single fan cheap CPU cooler (i get 50 degrees IDLE)
-WIFI tp-link module

*Can anyone, with a lot of experience, confirm if this is a stable build? and will drivers work no problem? is there any OSX better right now?

Keep in mind: I DON'T intend on upgrading MacOS any further or install new hardware and drivers!
ONCE IT WORKS, NOT CHANGING A THING!

Hello every one
This is my first post on this forum and i hope i could have some help and support on this journey of mine!

YES! im building a hackintosh... actually, im converting my 3 year old pc into a hackintosh for my father and as a result, i will be able to buy for myself a i7 skylake and ddr4, z170 board... AS LONG AS i manage to make this! Or else, my father will simply buy a mac mini for 600$ and i stick to my current gear...

So right now, im looking at the fisrst step of hackintosh build guide, hardware.
I will build:
-i5 4670k running on integrated graphics (4600)
-Asus z87-plus motherboard
-600w uranovx cheapo supply
-Kingston SSD
-(2x4) 8GB 1600mhz Kingston Hyper BEAST
-Hummer 120mm single fan cheap CPU cooler (i get 50 degrees IDLE)
-WIFI tp-link module

*Can anyone, with a lot of experience, confirm if this is a stable build? and will drivers work no problem? is there any OSX better right now?

Keep in mind: I DON'T intend on upgrading MacOS any further or install new hardware and drivers!
ONCE IT WORKS, NOT CHANGING A THING!

This hardware should work great for El Capitan, which is what I would recommend installing. The only thing I'm not sure about is the TP-Link Wifi module - you don't say what model number it is, whether it's PCIe or USB, etc.

hello!!
thank you very much for reply!
since no one responded in the last days, i started my own adventure!

i actually installed sierra because that was the only one i could download off appstore and its running!!
there are a lot of bugs... hdmi audio doesnt work, facetime, i message and appstore dont work, did you get any issues with these apps?

anyway, i tried reinstalling using el capitan but i got a white screen during boot!

i was using clover because, unibeast crashes near the end of copying files do the bootable drive.

HOW DID YOU INSTALL EL CAPITAN!? please serious help needed.
and did you fix imessage etc....?

hello!!
thank you very much for reply!
since no one responded in the last days, i started my own adventure!

i actually installed sierra because that was the only one i could download off appstore and its running!!
there are a lot of bugs... hdmi audio doesnt work, facetime, i message and appstore dont work, did you get any issues with these apps?

anyway, i tried reinstalling using el capitan but i got a white screen during boot!

i was using clover because, unibeast crashes near the end of copying files do the bootable drive.

HOW DID YOU INSTALL EL CAPITAN!? please serious help needed.
and did you fix imessage etc....?

Make a new Post relating to Graphics problem. Attach all files.

I have a very similar setup.

Asus Z87-Plus (Bios 2103) dated 08/15/2014

4x4Gb Crucial 1600 Mhz RAM
Core i5-4460 @ 3.2 Ghz

I also have an Asus Strix GTX 960 that works fine with the nvidia drivers.

Look forward to installing Sierra, but so far can't get the USB UEFI to boot, no matter how I try.

El Capitan has been on it for over 6 months with no issues (knock knock)

I have a very similar setup.

Asus Z87-Plus (Bios 2103) dated 08/15/2014

4x4Gb Crucial 1600 Mhz RAM
Core i5-4460 @ 3.2 Ghz

I also have an Asus Strix GTX 960 that works fine with the nvidia drivers.

Look forward to installing Sierra, but so far can't get the USB UEFI to boot, no matter how I try.

El Capitan has been on it for over 6 months with no issues (knock knock)

i have sierra been runing with some issues like wifi usb looses conection every 2/3 hours and managed to fix other problems

i tried installin el capitan but didn't work

tonymacx sierra also didnt work for me until i tried doing it the manual way.
downloaded el capitan dmg, wrote in Command prompt to format a flash drive and installing it in there.

watch a tutorial on youtube maybe :s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back