Contribute
Register

i5-4200u hd4400 imposible to install or boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Legion Y530
CPU
i7 8750-H | 16GB Ram
Graphics
Intel UHD 630 1920x1080 | Nvidia GTX 1050 (4GB)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, i have a problem with a new laptop i buy! the thing is that i can install after some tweaks with enoch el capitan, but after that i can´t make the first boot!!! first i try with clover, first attempt was with clover r3848 default options, it goes to a black screen, and never boot the installation, later try with some dsdt tweaks in clover boot menu and it goes to an error called "waiting on dict" and never have a chance to make it work again after that, tried with sierra, el capitan, some diferent clover distros, it never boot again, after some research i manage to boot it with enoch el capitan using bootflags IGPlatformID=0x0260006 IGPEnabler=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No IntelDeviceID=0412 -v (after installing fakepciid in the bootable stick), installed it fine...After that i can never reach first boot!!! with the same flags the laptop reboots before load the debug...tried a lot of different things...nothing works, tried with clover and same thing, early reboot...everything is untouched, no modified kexts and nothing, i used to install a lot of hacks in different laptops but this is driving me crazy!
paste the info of the notebook, maybe you can help!!!
http://exo.com.ar/content/smart-r7-m5245

Hi, i have a problem with a new laptop i buy! the thing is that i can install after some tweaks with enoch el capitan, but after that i can´t make the first boot!!! first i try with clover, first attempt was with clover r3848 default options, it goes to a black screen, and never boot the installation, later try with some dsdt tweaks in clover boot menu and it goes to an error called "waiting on dict" and never have a chance to make it work again after that, tried with sierra, el capitan, some diferent clover distros, it never boot again, after some research i manage to boot it with enoch el capitan using bootflags IGPlatformID=0x0260006 IGPEnabler=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No IntelDeviceID=0412 -v (after installing fakepciid in the bootable stick), installed it fine...After that i can never reach first boot!!! with the same flags the laptop reboots before load the debug...tried a lot of different things...nothing works, tried with clover and same thing, early reboot...everything is untouched, no modified kexts and nothing, i used to install a lot of hacks in different laptops but this is driving me crazy!
paste the info of the notebook, maybe you can help!!!
http://exo.com.ar/content/smart-r7-m5245

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Hello! the proccess is the same for yosemite and el capitan??? cause in the guide to patch the haswell it says yosemite...

The guide covers every version 10.7.x (10.6 involves additional tricks) -> 10.12.x.

The guide covers every version 10.7.x (10.6 involves additional tricks) -> 10.12.x.
Good! Tomorrow i will do this and post the result!

Well, finally works! graphics, ethernet, wifi, brightness, trackpad, but I have an issue, can't make audio to work, I have no info of what device id have it!this laptop is soooo Chinese, I don't want specifically Realtek injection, maybe voodoohda, so I try but it makes a kernel panic! everytime i tried to boot with voodoohda installed makes a kernel panic, is there any patch to make it workable through dsdt? before kernel panic I can hear the speaker characteristical sound at booting with voodoo...is there any chance to make it works?

Last edited:
Good! Tomorrow i will do this and post the result!

Well, finally works! graphics, ethernet, wifi, brightness, trackpad, but I have an issue, can't make audio to work, I have no info of what device id have it!this laptop is soooo Chinese, I don't want specifically Realtek injection, maybe voodoohda, so I try but it makes a kernel panic! everytime i tried to boot with voodoohda installed makes a kernel panic, is there any patch to make it workable through dsdt? before kernel panic I can hear the speaker characteristical sound at booting with voodoo...is there any chance to make it works?

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2016-10-13 a las 20.25.53.png
    Captura de pantalla 2016-10-13 a las 20.25.53.png
    961.2 KB · Views: 156
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back