Contribute
Register

i5 3570K ivy bridge - Power Management problem (CLOVER)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope I'm not attempting no fan control.. Just monitoring the temperature. Yes with "HWmonitor". Is that dangerous? (btw the fan stops before the user log in..)

Your temps/fan issue is a strange one. You should not need to implement power management to get your CPU fan running.

I remember these strange problems even in M. L. 10.8.3.. That's why I have used NullCPUpowermanagement..
Btw, Thanks for the thread link.

Last edited:
quick test, boot up with linux live usb, do you have the same problem
As I said if I boot from my external USB disk were I have a Carbon Copy of my fully functional M.L. 10.8.3 the CPU fan is working [1300 rpm - CPU 45°C stable - room @ 20° or more...) --->So Is necessary to try a Linux live Usb??
I remind you that in that M.L. 10.8.3 I use NullCPUPowerManagement kext.

I wonder if you have a power supply issue then. I remember another user having temp problems that turned out to be PSU dying. He got it changed over and the issue disappeared.

I don't believe it's the PSU. it's pretty new... a silent CX750M Corsair
Plus I have 3 additional fan plugged in my Mo.Bo. mounted over my Corsair case, they are fully functional
(Always working, even in this Sierra Installation)

@Adrian B ,
Taking both symptoms together [prior over heating and now Immediate shut down (power off) ]bring up other hardware issues in the diagnosis.

These were his symptoms, mine hack takes his time to overheating, it was slow and gradual and It never shutdown himself
(I was even able to take a screenshot of the HWmonitor saying that CPU temp was over 105°C) this is the only hardware issue that I had diagnostic. After the SSDT install the CPU is even able to maintain a stable temp of 60/70°C

Attachments

• IMG-20170107-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20170107-WA0001.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Lots of people were running Lion and then Mountain Lion without any overheating issue. it is not normal to use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext on any Gigabyte Z77 type hardware. I think a fresh installation is therefor the best answer.

Lots of people were running Lion and then Mountain Lion without any overheating issue. it is not normal to use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext on any Gigabyte Z77 type hardware. I think a fresh installation is therefor the best answer.
OK, I will try today over a fresh new partition. I will also preserve this Sierra install, for further experiments, in case of fail of this new install.

Last edited:
Ok, i'm writing you from a perfect functionally OS 10.12.1 the fresh new installation is working.
Probably the MAC MIGRATION software has caused that terrible Power Management Mess.. Dam It. I could never though that a migration from the past hack could be so dangerous.. And i had even removed every unnecessary Kext... Well, it seems it wasn't enough.

I've noticed that what you say @itwas is terribly true, not every CLOVER version works flawlessly. I've tried a few but the good combination was started since a r3799 and then i've updated to the fresh new r3974.
some Clover revision works, some just hang up during power on

tested on my system
-----------------------
macOS 10.12.0, 10.12.1, 10.12.2 - r3786, r3793, r3799, r3899, r3974 - no problem
macOS 10.12.0, 10.12.1 - r3811, r3835, r3882, r3922 - fail, just hang up
r3859, r3923, r3944, r3948, r3979, r3961 - haven't tested

I've encountered a terrible Bios Boot Menu freeze due to several installation of Clover in different drives.
To resolve that i've unplugged all my 3 additional internal drives, but i think that the guilty one was this Clover Driver that you quote:
Options: OsxAptioFix2Drv-64

That driver option was present over 2 of 3 Drives of mine, so useful to avoid Kernel Cache problems but even so dangerous, it seems... Unplugging one of the two i've overpassed the Boot Menu freeze and then i've happily installed the OS.

Now even the Bluetooth dongle is fully working.
Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back