Graphics
R9 280X
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Stock cooler? Regardless it does seem a bit high, but really nothing to worry about. I would suggest you burn through some stress tests and give it a couple days. Thermal paste takes a couple days/weeks of use before you'll see it work at its best.

I have the same processor/case and mobo(Z77n version) and mine sits around 33 C idle with the stock cooler..

I live near the equator so ambient temps here are around 28º, indoors in my house with no air-conditioning. My i7 3770k idles at 48-52º. Haven't really stressed this machine but I don't believe I've seen it go higher than 65º. Think I was encoding some video in iDVD at that time.

I'm using the stock Intel cooler and observing the temps with iStat Menus. All temps in Celsius.

Specs for my build in my sig.

Last night I installed a CPU cooler that is known to run quiet and it does (Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Rev.2) on my i5-3570K 3.4Ghz CPU, this morning the bios shows temps are running idel at 42-44c which is roughly 108F, that seems really high for not over clocking, I searched Google for normal i5-3570K temps and some posts said this was kinda high while others said the Ivy bridge CPUs run hot and it's within the normal range, no worries, so I'm confused?

Last night I installed a CPU cooler that is known to run quiet and it does (Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Rev.2) on my i5-3570K 3.4Ghz CPU, this morning the bios shows temps are running idel at 42-44c which is roughly 108F, that seems really high for not over clocking, I searched Google for normal i5-3570K temps and some posts said this was kinda high while others said the Ivy bridge CPUs run hot and it's within the normal range, no worries, so I'm confused?

I wouldn't worry about the CPU temps. What I would be interested in is the delta between that and the ambient temp.

Thanks for the reply, my cpu temps go from 93F at bootup to about 109F while running Virtualbox/win7, from what I read the Ivybridge cpu runs hot and 109F is normal and not to worry about it unless it goes over 115F.

Are you guys reading off of HWMonitor.app? If so, which number are you reading? My Core 1 seems to float a couple degrees above the other cores, sometimes getting into the high 40s while I'm browsing the web or doing word processing, and my CPU heatsink seems to stay around roughly the average.

(I'm using a 3570K with the stock cooler and stock thermal paste, but I should probably squirt some AS5 in there and improve my cable management. Do my numbers look okay?)
Screen Shot 2013-01-21 at 5.14.16 PM.png

Edit: Also, for some reason my ambient temp is waaayyyy screwed up.

The screen shot below from HWMonitor after running Prime 95 torture test for 1 hour
on my i5 3570K (not overclocked) plus Heaven 3 benchmark on my GTX 650 at the same time. Max temp was 73C with the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus installed, and the system was using 202 Watts. With the Intel stock cooler, I was seeing 92C. In this chart, you can see how the GPU temp dropped after the Heaven 3 benchmark was finished at the halfway point. I quit the Prime95 benchmark at the end of the chart.

Prime95+Heaven 32013-01-12 at 12.44.31 PM.png

The screen shot below from HWMonitor after running Prime 95 torture test for 1 hour
on my i5 3570K (not overclocked) plus Heaven 3 benchmark on my GTX 650 at the same time. Max temp was 73C with the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus installed, and the system was using 202 Watts. With the Intel stock cooler, I was seeing 92C. In this chart, you can see how the GPU temp dropped after the Heaven 3 benchmark was finished at the halfway point. I quit the Prime95 benchmark at the end of the chart.

That is over clocked btw. The all core turbo for your chip should be 3600 not 3800. Just a technical matter, but almost all major MB brands by default set all-core turbo equal to max single core turbo. Some call it 'multi-core enhancement' or 'enhanced turbo', some don't even have a bios setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back