Contribute
Register

i5-3570k + ga-h61n-usb3 + ML MultiBeast 5.2.1, HD4000 HDMI audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H61N-USB3
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey gang,

I'm new here - and attempting my first build. FWIW, I started off on a wrong(difficult?) step by pairing an ivy bridge with a 6 series motherboard.:(

I got the build to work(thanks to everyone on this fantastic site!), but I am left with 2 problems;
  1. HDMI over audio(using onboard HDMI port) does not work;
  2. Display does not fit my 1080i TV (it works on other 1080p TVs, so this feels like the TV isn't recognized or something)

Help on both items would be great, but for now, I am focusing on trying to get the HDMI audio out of a Ivy Bridge+6 series motherboard.

First, is this combination even possible? I tried to follow other people's tutorials, but I haven't found any with the i5-3570k+ga-h61n-usb3 pair.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Toleda,

1. See Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - Award DSDT, use HD4000_Award_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit, edit layout-id to 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00.

Thank you very much for your tip; it was daunting, but this enabled

This... isn't working - but I'll keep trying it(as the poster indicated before it worked). Is there a ways to define a custom screen resolution? I also realized that on other(newer?) 1080P TV/Monitors, this works fine over HDMI. But on my older SONY KDF-60XS955 1080i, the desktop is too big for the TV screen.

Thanks in advance!

This... isn't working - but I'll keep trying it(as the poster indicated before it worked). Is there a ways to define a custom screen resolution? I also realized that on other(newer?) 1080P TV/Monitors, this works fine over HDMI. But on my older SONY KDF-60XS955 1080i, the desktop is too big for the TV screen.
Edit Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist/GraphicsMode to 1280x720x32.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back