Contribute
Register

i3570K overclock @ 4,2Ghz help needed please

Status
Not open for further replies.
On /M.I.T./advance frequency settings/advanced cpu core features/

Clock ratio: 43 (Stable on full load)/ 44 (at full load, the program that consumes all the cpu time, fails to perform what he was doing. No MacOSX crashes. Only the program stops his process.).

Turbo Boost: Auto.
Turbo ratio cores: Auto.
Turbo power limit: Auto.
Core current limit: Auto.
Core enabled: auto.
cpu enhanced halt: auto.
c3/c6 state: auto.
thermal monitor: auto.
EIST: disabled.

Awesome! Thanks!

What are your turbo boost multipliers set to?

Also, I'm getting an interesting problem to where my clock frequencies are reading 200mHz slower than what I'm setting my multiplier to. For instance, if I'm at 100mHz clock @ a 44 multiplier with Turbo and EIST off, the machine (even in the bios after a reboot) reads the clock at 4.2gHz. if I move the multiplier to 45, it reads 4.3gHz, so on.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Turbo boost multipliers: Auto.

Turbo boost multipliers: Auto.
You should set your CPU multiplier back to 34 (the default) and then set your Turbo boost multipliers (1-core through 4-core) all to your OC multiplier (42). Then, re-enable EIST.

With EIST enabled and the Turbo speeds set to 42, the system will throttle up to 4.2GHz dynamically on its own under load. Install FakeSMC Motherboard Plugins and HWMonitor using MultiBeast 5; unlike Geekbench or the OS itself, HWMonitor will show you accurate CPU speeds in real time.

You should set your CPU multiplier back to 34 (the default) and then set your Turbo boost multipliers (1-core through 4-core) all to your OC multiplier (42). Then, re-enable EIST.

With EIST enabled and the Turbo speeds set to 42, the system will throttle up to 4.2GHz dynamically on its own under load. Install FakeSMC Motherboard Plugins and HWMonitor using MultiBeast 5; unlike Geekbench or the OS itself, HWMonitor will show you accurate CPU speeds in real time.

Hi,

I tried this, and with Mountain Lion MSRDumper only shows two pstates, the slowest and the fastest (16 and 44), never any in-between values, whereas dual-booting into Windows 7 on the same machine one can observe many intermediate values (e.g. with RealTemp).

Is something missing in the power management not handling the i5-3570k properly? (mb = GA-Z77X-UD3H)

Many thanks for any input!

Hi,

I tried this, and with Mountain Lion MSRDumper only shows two pstates, the slowest and the fastest (16 and 44), never any in-between values, whereas dual-booting into Windows 7 on the same machine one can observe many intermediate values (e.g. with RealTemp).

Is something missing in the power management not handling the i5-3570k properly? (mb = GA-Z77X-UD3H)

Many thanks for any input!

Same thing here, and another member reported the same issue too.

I also have a i5 3570k, the other member has a i5 2500k.

With this settings, my system shows 3 pstates: 16, 18 and 4.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back