Register

i3570K overclock @ 4,2Ghz help needed please

Status
Not open for further replies.
i now got a GB score (64bit) of 13491, while overclocked at 4,5Ghz

- leave the base clock of your cpu at 3,4
- set the turbo clocks to 4,5ghz
- disable cpu thermal monitor

now the system runs at 1600mhz normally and 4500mhz under load, i checked this to be correct using HWMon (with the ivy patch from project osx.net)

while under full load on 4500mhz, i got temps between 65-72 degrees max. I'm using a scythe mugen 3 air cooler.

Oh and i switched back and forth between sysdef macpro3,1 and macpro5,1 but that doesn't change anything for me performance wise..

i now got a GB score (64bit) of 13491, while overclocked at 4,5Ghz

- leave the base clock of your cpu at 3,4
- set the turbo clocks to 4,5ghz
- disable cpu thermal monitor

now the system runs at 1600mhz normally and 4500mhz under load, i checked this to be correct using HWMon (with the ivy patch from project osx.net)

while under full load on 4500mhz, i got temps between 65-72 degrees max. I'm using a scythe mugen 3 air cooler.

Oh and i switched back and forth between sysdef macpro3,1 and macpro5,1 but that doesn't change anything for me performance wise..

I am happy the patch works for HWM for you as well!

I GB 13000 at 4.2Ghz for the record. 1600Mhz RAM. i5-3570K

I've got the same setup (i3570k @ 4.2gHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, z77x-ud5) and I'm getting 11070 as a score in 64-bit. On my 4.4gHz i-2600k with 1333mHz RAM I'm getting 16000 all day long.

I've fiddled with every MIT setting I could find to see if something was causing a slowdown, and I can't seem to break into the 12000 zone with the i5. Tried enable/disable EIST, turboboost on/off/changed around, thermal monitor on/off...nothing.

I want to say this feels a bit low for me, but the computer does what I need it to do and I haven't noticed anything that would be a performance killer. Yet the thought of it being that low sits in the back of my mind taunting me.

Sorry I don't have anything positive to add to this thread, but I thought I'd ring in as someone experiencing the same thing.

I want to say this feels a bit low for me, but the computer does what I need it to do and I haven't noticed anything that would be a performance killer. Yet the thought of it being that low sits in the back of my mind taunting me.

Yep same for me, i haven't experienced any bottlenecks whatsoever and my system feels snappy and fast as hell :D

But the thought that it could go even faster is also driving me nuts :D

Hi Synnys,

I just built a similar system to yours with an i5-3570K on a Z77X-UD3H / 16GB @ 1600Mhz / ML 10.8 (no oc yet)
and I'm only showing 2 multipliers with MSRDumper: 16 and 38

At this standard frequency it's giving a GB of 10500 (32-bit)

For the install I used Multibeast 4.6.1 with "UserDSDT" selected (no DSDT file on the desktop),
the only extra option used is for Atheros GbE ethernet,
and system definition of iMac 12,2
plus Chimera 1.11.0 bootloader

It would seem that the GB score of 10500 is the normal one at the stock frequency in 32-bit.

Could you tell me which settings you used for the overclocking and if you used any special settings to obtain a smoother gradation of pstates?

Many thanks!

Hi.

My system: 3570K Intel stock cooler + GB z77-ds3h + 8GB RAM 1600 Mhz.

Geekbench 64 bit:

All settings Auto: 10481.

With only EIST disabled:

4.4 ghz: 13178.
3.4 ghz: 11578. (GeekBench shows 3.8 ghz). I do not know how to check if boots at 3.4 and when Geekbench is running jumps to 3.8 (Turbo Boost) or if boots at 3.8ghz only.

Hi.

My system: 3570K Intel stock cooler + GB z77-ds3h + 8GB RAM 1600 Mhz.

Geekbench 64 bit:

All settings Auto: 10481.

With only EIST disabled:

4.4 ghz: 13178.
3.4 ghz: 11578. (GeekBench shows 3.8 ghz). I do not know how to check if boots at 3.4 and when Geekbench is running jumps to 3.8 (Turbo Boost) or if boots at 3.8ghz only.

What are your bios settings with the 4.4gHz setup?

On /M.I.T./advance frequency settings/advanced cpu core features/

Clock ratio: 43 (Stable on full load)/ 44 (at full load, the program that consumes all the cpu time, fails to perform what he was doing. No MacOSX crashes. Only the program stops his process.).

Turbo Boost: Auto.
Turbo ratio cores: Auto.
Turbo power limit: Auto.
Core current limit: Auto.
Core enabled: auto.
cpu enhanced halt: auto.
c3/c6 state: auto.
thermal monitor: auto.
EIST: disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back