HD4890
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I read now tons of threads about this and i know its supported very well.
But nobody said clearly its 100% sure you can use two monitors.
There is always described, that its only possible with one hdmi and one dvi output, but im not sure.

Would be really nice if somebody could confirm, that two monitors are working (hdmi or dvi), because my hd4890 doesnt work with two dvi monitors...

Thanks

With the HD3000 two Dell u2711 at 1920x1080 work fine..
But when you try to set both to 2560x1440 only one works and the other one is dark..

Thanks for your reply

What do you use dvi, hdmi, dp?
and have you installed any additional drivers/patches?

I WAS using one over dvi and the other one over displayport!
Did install it after stork's Zorro build (have a look into the golden builds section)

I have an i3-3225 in a GA-H77N-WIFI board. It has one DVI and two HDMI outputs. It definitely works with two monitors. However I haven't been able to get 3 running. Plug in the 3rd and it doesn't do anything until one of the other two are unplugged.
This is running without a DSDT: maybe something can be tweaked. But that was really just an idle experiment: I don't need more than two on that machine.

All the combinations of 2x HDMI and 1xHDMI+1xDVI seemed to work for me. Sometimes the HDMI port was connected to the HDMI input of the display, sometimes it was connected to the display's DVI port via an adapter plug.

2 monitors: no problem.

thanks dbp
your comment. it's very helpful to me :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back