CPU
i3-530
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, so I have a build with i3 1st gen that is running High Sierra for last 3 years smoothly. One of friend has a i7 870 1st gen CPU lying around and thinking to buy it from him. But I am not sure if there will be any issue with the current installation of the High Sierra if I put i7 CPU in this build? Will it work without any issus? I don't want to make the installation again or ruin the current installation and don't wanna buy until I am sure. Please help!!

Hey guys, so I have a build with i3 1st gen that is running High Sierra for last 3 years smoothly. One of friend has a i7 870 1st gen CPU lying around and thinking to buy it from him. But I am not sure if there will be any issue with the current installation of the High Sierra if I put i7 CPU in this build? Will it work without any issues? I don't want to make the installation again or ruin the current installation and don't wanna buy until I am sure. Please help!!

It should work without issues. Worst case, just put back your i3.

If you want to prevent problems, consider making a bootable clone of your system on another disk before attempting the replacement.

It should work without issues. Worst case, just put back your i3.

If you want to prevent problems, consider making a bootable clone of your system on another disk before attempting the replacement.

Thanks @Jamesbond007, really appreciate it!

Hey, did you get that I7-870 working on high sierra? I'm stuck at a lagging build
I will actually do the setup during Christmas break. I will have to change the caching and cooling and etc. So doing it in the Christmas break will be best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back