Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING
CPU
Ryzen 7 5700X
Graphics
GTX 1060
Hello! recently i was trying to install Big Sur on my PC (7 5700X, Strix B550-F Gaming, 1060 6GB - I dont need metal ill use OCLP)

I was trying pretty much everything that I could find on the web, but nothing helped. When I use dk.e1000=0 the error about no internet connection disappears, but when I try to click Install, it just keeps loading forever in the main menu of recovery, and in Safari, websites just load forever. Pinging Google or any other site in the terminal gives a ping: cannot resolve google.com: Unknown host
Anyone know how to fix this? (Sorry for my English.)

IMG_4753.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    2.2 MB · Views: 26
1060 6GB - I dont need metal ill use OCLP)
The 1060 will never work with Big Sur even if you apply OCLP patches. Last macOS it works with is High Sierra even then, only with the correct Nvidia Web drivers installed.

Last edited:
The 1060 will never work with Big Sur even if you apply OCLP patches. Last macOS it works with is High Sierra even then, only with the correct Nvidia Web drivers installed.
i think there is my brothers old rx 580 laying somewhere so i guess ill just find it and use it then but do you know how to fix the internet connection problem?

i think there is my brothers old rx 580 laying somewhere so i guess ill just find it and use it then but do you know how to fix the internet connection problem?

Hi there.

For my own i225-V ethernet (admittedly an Intel motherboard) no extra driver or configuration was needed for Big Sur, as long as it is not earlier than 11.3, as the built-in Apple driver will work with it.

If you need more research check out @CaseySJ 's Golden Build threads.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back