Contribute
Register

I would like some urgent hardware advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OSX
CPU
Intel
Graphics
Nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys, this is my very first post in these forums, and I need your help regarding the parts for my first hackintosh build, I've followed the hardware guide but I only found the following parts at my local PC stores:

(Green = Known to Work)
(Red = Replacement Parts which are not on the guide )

+ Intel Core i7-3770K

+ Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155

+ Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz

+ EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti 2048MB GDDR5

+ TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Wireless N900

- Corsair Professional Series HX 1050 Watt Power-supply

- Corsair Force Series GS Red 128GB 2.5-Inch (6Gb/s)

- WD Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache

I'm modifying my old mac pro case (2009-2010) for this build with my original mac Keyboard & Mouse combo, now that question is will these parts works or not?

They are fine, although the power supply at 1050 watts is a bit overkill (600w would be more than enough).

The important things to worry about are motherboard, cpu and gpu, everything else is standard stuff and don't have any bearing on hackability (if thats a word :) )

EDIT: except wifi and bluetooth things, but you have that covered by using the stuff rom the guide.

Hello guys, this is my very first post in these forums, and I need your help regarding the parts for my first hackintosh build, I've followed the hardware guide but I only found the following parts at my local PC stores:

(Green = Known to Work)
(Red = Replacement Parts which are not on the guide )

+ Intel Core i7-3770K

+ Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155

+ Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz

+ EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti 2048MB GDDR5

+ TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Wireless N900

- Corsair Professional Series HX 1050 Watt Power-supply

- Corsair Force Series GS Red 128GB 2.5-Inch (6Gb/s)

- WD Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache

I'm modifying my old mac pro case (2009-2010) for this build with my original mac Keyboard & Mouse combo, now that question is will these parts works or not?
Just a question, but why are you modding your mac pro case? Do you just have a case or do you have the whole computer? A 2010 mac pro is worth a ton of money. This build, will not be as powerful as your previous mac pro either.

Just a question, but why are you modding your mac pro case? Do you just have a case or do you have the whole computer? A 2010 mac pro is worth a ton of money. This build, will not be as powerful as your previous mac pro either.

Agreed that it probably wouldn't make sense to destroy such a system if it's working.

If the system is an Early 2009 model with a quad-core then a new i7 would be faster; especially if you need more than the 16GB RAM maximum of the Mac Pro. If it's a dual quad-core then it makes less sense.

The same pretty much goes for the Mid 2010 Mac Pro. If it's a quad-core then this is likely faster but not by much. A 6 core system would be faster than the i7 for anything that can take advantage of the additional threads and memory bandwidth of these systems.

I agree that the 1050W PSU is overkill. If it's available for a good price then it's fine; otherwise, something smaller and cheaper would be better.

Parts will work but 1000W PSU is ridiculous overkill - 550W-600W would be sufficient with plenty of headroom for expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back