Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Latitude E7440
CPU
Intel Core i5-4310U
Graphics
Intel HD 4400
I'm not sure if this is the right section so I apologize if it isn't.

I installed macOS Sierra on my Hackintosh today. I only ran into 2 small issues. One was a freezing issue which was caused by my own dumb ass forgetting to disable onboard graphics in the UEFI and the second was caused by using the wrong fix for installing the nVidia drivers. Other than that, everything is working perfectly. I haven't been able to test FaceTime or iMessage though but everything else is working great.

This has me worried. It's like one of those "it's too quiet" moments.

After reading a bunch of posts and watching a bunch of youtube videos when researching beforehand everyone was mentioning major issues like audio and video not working correctly, major compatibility issues etc. I haven't experienced any of it. Assuming I don't make any changes to the system and only use it the way Apple intends their users to use their official products, should I expect any major issues to creep up in the future? I seriously was not expecting the experience to be this smooth and TBH I still don't.

I'm not sure if this is the right section so I apologize if it isn't.

I installed macOS Sierra on my Hackintosh today. I only ran into 2 small issues. One was a freezing issue which was caused by my own dumb ass forgetting to disable onboard graphics in the UEFI and the second was caused by using the wrong fix for installing the nVidia drivers. Other than that, everything is working perfectly. I haven't been able to test FaceTime or iMessage though but everything else is working great.

This has me worried. It's like one of those "it's too quiet" moments.

After reading a bunch of posts and watching a bunch of youtube videos when researching beforehand everyone was mentioning major issues like audio and video not working correctly, major compatibility issues etc. I haven't experienced any of it. Assuming I don't make any changes to the system and only use it the way Apple intends their users to use their official products, should I expect any major issues to creep up in the future? I seriously was not expecting the experience to be this smooth and TBH I still don't.

LOL - Yes, it can be that smooth. I have gone from a pile of components (case, motherboard, etc.) to a completed machine running OS X in under 2 hours. If you choose your hardware correctly and follow the extremely well-written, thorough guides on this site, why shouldn't it be a great experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back