Graphics
On Board Intel HD 4600/ATI Raedon 5770 SOC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hey guys, im looking into making a hackintosh pro. i've been a windows user for a long time and i've taken apart and upgraded my own pc's and im looking to making the swtich,i was going to just buy a mac mini (i7) and give it The max upgrade treatment,but then i realized with that it would'nt be strong enough for what i needed(audio production,minor video production,and a minimum amount of gaming,if any...but i would like to have the option if i wanted to play a game on ultra settings) i've watched alot of videos online and read countless forums (here and elsewhere)and thought i might take the leap,but i just want to double check to
see if this list of parts is good and my number one concern...
WHAT PROBLEMS WILL I BE GETTING INTO :banghead:

i don't have no problems following steps but there's so many tutorials when it comes to installing os x i don't care if its lion or mavericks i would prefer the latter but if its not fully compatible with the parts ive chosen... ill go lion

these are the parts i've decided to use...

Gigabyte Ga-z87x-ud5h(lga 1150) mobo

intel i7 haswell 4770k quad core @ 3.5 ghz (not looking to overclock right away)

(2x8GB)16gb of ddr3 corsair vengeance ram(will add 16gb more in the future)

corsair tx650m psu

fractal r4 Black pearl Windowed or not (no idea yet)

kingston hyperX 120 gb ssd

focusrite scarlett 2i2 audio interface

fans,HDDs

i have some parts in my existing system i will be swapping to my hackintosh:

gigabyte water cooling system (i forget witch model i think its a h20)

ati radeon hd5770 gpu(not sure if this video card will work)
if not i'll use onboard graphics untill i get something new.

intel 120gb ssd (may be doing a raid0 configuration in the future)

now as i stated before about running into problems im looking for the most easy setup meaning i would like to just put the parts together and be able to go into the bios,set it up for a hackintosh and be able to install mac os all in one sitting with out running into problems that leave me with a giant paperweight untill im able to fix it...after i know i have mac os installed ill will problly set up a dual boot for windows 7 but thats for another thread so guess there you have let me know if anything needs changing and why... im looking forward to this build and cant wait much longer to start...thanks!!!:thumbup:

Hi Chris,

You hardware is suitable to run 10.8.5 Mountain Lion or 10.9 Mavericks. What audio applications do you wish to use - I note the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface listed?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/music/

Preparation is the key to undertaking a project like making OS X run on PC hardware. It has never been easier to do.
The first thing that I wish to ask you as a long term PC user do you have access to a Mac or PC running OS X that will allow you to download Mavericks? If not then you can do the following (this video was done for Mountain Lion - it is the same as the methods that we use for Mavericks. iBoot has been updated to work with the newer Haswell hardware. Please watch the video in your own time:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...lion-ivy-bridge-installation-video-guide.html

Setting up UEFI bios:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

If you need to buy a retail copy of Snow Leopard, then the Apple store is the best option.
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard
Do not buy the grey recovery discs from ebay - they are not a full version of Snow Leopard and are only suitable for the machine that they were shipped with.

Adrian B

hey adrian!

thanks for the reply i have friends that own macs but on the day of if i cant seem to get my hands on one,i'll do what u have listed... i will be using the mac for logic pro sessions

also on another note,will i have to install each os in order to get to mavericks or do i just install mavericks?

also on another note,will i have to install each os in order to get to mavericks or do i just install mavericks?

If you use Snow leopard retail DVD then it will not boot without the aid of iBoot on a CD (NOT DVD). You cannot get modern hardware running with Snow Leopard as Snow leopard has net been updated to run with modern hardware. iBoot is used as a short term tool to allow us to download a supported version of OS X to run on modern hardware.
If you have access to a Mac/PC running OS X (machine must also be capable of running 10.9), then login to the Mac App Store and down load Mavericks/create your UniBeast drive as per the 10.9 Installation guide.
Mavericks works very well with Logic Pro. One thing that Apple is much better than their counterparts else where in the audio production industry is making sure that Logic Pro and newer OS X version work together 2-3 years before other companies catch up.

Adrian B

Thanks adrian! i think i got it. i will be ordering parts soon ill keep this thread updated when stuff starts happening

might switch the mobo for this one :gigabyte z87x-oc(2-way sli) since its an overclock board less fuss when im ready to oc... wont be using two GPUs so dont really care about that. i just want it to be able to oc succesfully and i might up to wattage of the PSU to 750.

might switch the mobo for this one :gigabyte z87x-oc(2-way sli) since its an overclock board less fuss when im ready to oc... wont be using two GPUs so dont really care about that. i just want it to be able to oc succesfully and i might up to wattage of the PSU to 750.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...uild-ga-z87x-oc-i7-4770k-hd4600-gt-640-a.html

A 650W modular power supply is way more than you need for that build. Those components will never reach 400w peak power consumption. 650W is quite sufficient, the processor has a maximum TDP of 84w, HDDs are about 5w, GPUs 35w-200w

Adrian B

http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...uild-ga-z87x-oc-i7-4770k-hd4600-gt-640-a.html

A 650W modular power supply is way more than you need for that build. Those components will never reach 400w peak power consumption. 650W is quite sufficient, the processor has a maximum TDP of 84w, HDDs are about 5w, GPUs 35w-200w

Adrian B

still torn between the two mobo's the oc version has alot of neg reviews and i know the latter is oc compatiable but i dont want to risk over clocking it... i think ill stick to the z87x-ud5h only because im more comfortable with the reviews this baby has gotten.i dont want to end up with a doa mobo and have to wait for a new one(maybe ill check out a local compustar store and see if theye have this mobo,that way if its dead i can change it the same day just worried about price change they like to overprice on stuff)

when i started thinking about doing this build i was going for a customac mini deluxe but then realized that i would only be able to put 16gb of ram and i wanted to max out at 32. still wish i could do the mini but i would rather have power than mobility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back