Contribute
Register

I want to install High Sierra on a 10th gen Intel build please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro AX
CPU
Intel Core i7 10700k
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse Raedon RX 580 LITE gb
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Specifications of my pc build are as of following -

CPU - Intel core i7 10700k

Motherboard - Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro AX

Graphics card - Sapphire pulse Radeon RX 580 LITE 8Gb

Audio - ALC 1220 - VB

Ethernet -

RAM - 2 × 8 Gb G.skill Ripjaws ddr4 3200mhz

SSD - 2 × 500 Gb WD nvme m.2

HDD - 2TB Seagate barracuda

PSU - Gigabyte B700H

Cooler - Deepcool 360mm AIO

( P.S. - I know my specs are new and high Sierra is old OS but I still want to install Mac os high Sierra on my 10th gen build and not Mojave Catalina or any new version of macos )

Your hardware is too new to be supported in High Sierra.
It may be possible to install Catalina and then run High Sierra in a virtual machine.

Your hardware is too new to be supported in High Sierra.
It may be possible to install Catalina and then run High Sierra in a virtual machine.
No I don't want to install Catalina and use high Sierra in virtual machine, there are some particular reasons why I want to install high Sierra, and there are some methods like CPU spoofing and all to install high Sierra on newer builds, I'm just not able to find any that's why I'm asking for your help. Please help me to "install high Sierra on 10th gen Intel build"

Good luck with that.

Don't forget to come back and tell us how you did it when you succeed.

Good luck with that.

Don't forget to come back and tell us how you did it when you succeed.
No! I don't have any guide, and not able to find any, that's why I'm asking for your help.

Specifications of my pc build are as of following -

CPU - Intel core i7 10700k

Motherboard - Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro AX

Graphics card - Sapphire pulse Radeon RX 580 LITE 8Gb

Audio - ALC 1220 - VB

Ethernet -

RAM - 2 × 8 Gb G.skill Ripjaws ddr4 3200mhz

SSD - 2 × 500 Gb WD nvme m.2

HDD - 2TB Seagate barracuda

PSU - Gigabyte B700H

Cooler - Deepcool 360mm AIO

( P.S. - I know my specs are new and high Sierra is old OS but I still want to install Mac os high Sierra on my 10th gen build and not Mojave Catalina or any new version of macos )

Almost all 10th generation Intel systems I have seen on the web run MacOS Catalina using OpenCore as bootloader.

I have read some people who claimed to be able to run MacOS Mojave on 10th generation Intel hardware (but obviously I am unable to confirm since I don't have a 10th generation Intel system myself), but I have not heard of any instance of a 10th generation Intel system running High Sierra.

So I am sorry to say that you are on your own now if you insist on High Sierra on your system.

Do you have an older Intel system (such as those based on 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 generations) with which you can run High Sierra? That will be far easier and known to work.

ashutosh2425

I'm in the same boat as you. I have a Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Xtreme I bought recently which fitted with an Nvidia Pascal GTX 1060, and with support for Pascal being strongest on 10.13.6 I really wanted to run High Sierra on it. Looking hard, I did manage to find one solution - from someone named Vectorseven.

I can confirm using his files that IT CAN RUN High Sierra (using Opencore). Using his setup and with much luck I managed to get my system to boot in 10.13.6! I also managed to get the Thunderbolt ports on my system working.
But the system was rather choppy because the config.plist he provided was missing a few sections from a typical (more) complete OC config.plist file.

I hadn't posted any OS images yet from the High Sierra test as the SSD drive I booted from died shortly sometime afterwards (SSD had some bad firmware issue), but may post about it. In fact I'm hoping to create (soon) a more stable High Sierra install EFI for my Z490 either from Opencore or with Clover (this is currently work in progress).

The hardest part of the High Sierra install would be to spoof the CPUID as well as match the board to the SMBIOS specifics and setting whatever patches for the kernel and/or getting the drivers to work. Luckily the architecture is very close (or seems to be) to Coffee Lake. I'm currently testing FakeCPUID 0x0906E9 on my Clover build, but I'm coming across memory issues with 'error allocating 0x119b3 pages' using OSXAptioFix3.efi. Switching them over to OpenRuntime.efi I have gone past the error, but my system reboots - so I need to figure out what is wrong there.

Also I thought to mention this - I have found (via Daliansky) if you want to install Mojave or Catalina on 10th gen Intel, the FakeCPUID to use is either 0x0806EB or 0x0806EC. In addition you will need these patches to the ACPI as well as KextsToPatch (under Clover), and also add the Intel GPU properties under Devices>Properties. You will also need to change your CSRActiveConfig under RTVariables to 0x3E7 instead of 0x67.

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 11.35.35 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 11.38.42 AM.png

I have installed Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina and big Sur on z490 Elite ac with 10th gen i5 10400 cpu and working as it should, do not listen to anyOne
YES U CAN INSTALL HIGH SIERRA ON A Z490 MOTHERBOARD, u need to use OpenCore boot loader and not Clover

I have installed Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina and big Sur on z490 Elite ac with 10th gen i5 10400 cpu and working as it should, do not listen to anyOne
YES U CAN INSTALL HIGH SIERRA ON A Z490 MOTHERBOARD, u need to use OpenCore boot loader and not Clover
Well and good. I believe many here will like to know how you do this, especially for Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave.

Care to elaborate?

JB007,

I believe Fatri was referring to my latest build which is this one running OC & High Sierra on the Z490 > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i5-10400-nvidia-gtx-1060.310287/#post-2227382

I’d successfully managed to get the system going (all fully working including VDA decoding, TB3 & Nvidia drivers) thanks to the efforts of VectorSeven who created the original EFI build.

Checking against the files, CaseySJ and I came to the conclusion that the settings worked mainly because it was using a CPUID Mask setting. In my case I had set it to Coffee Lake (in reverse byte order ie. EA060900) whereas my Intel GPU has to use Kaby Lake values for the VDA decoding ie. AAPL,if-platform-id 03001259 device-id 12590000. With the CPUID mask it effectively makes it work like a FakeCPUID value, so you can adjust it to work for any older OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back