i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everybody!
My friend is planning to buy Supermicro C7Z170-SQ motherboard, Intel core i7-7700 Processor, power supply Supermicro PWS-665-PQ, GT 1030 Low Profile 2Gb of memory and 2 sticks of ram memory by Supermicro 2x 8GB DDR4-2400 1RX8 NON-ECC UDIMM.
Does anyone knows if this configuration is fine for building a hackintosh.
I am open to all suggestions. I just want to help him make a stable hackintosh for audio and midi recording using vst instruments.
Thank you in advance :)

Hello everybody!
My friend is planning to buy Supermicro C7Z170-SQ motherboard, Intel core i7-7700 Processor, power supply Supermicro PWS-665-PQ, GT 1030 Low Profile 2Gb of memory and 2 sticks of ram memory by Supermicro 2x 8GB DDR4-2400 1RX8 NON-ECC UDIMM.
Does anyone knows if this configuration is fine for building a hackintosh.
I am open to all suggestions. I just want to help him make a stable hackintosh for audio and midi recording using vst instruments.
Thank you in advance :)

No idea about the compatibility of Supermicro motherboards.

There is one thing to consider : A BIOS upgrade may be required for that Z170 motherboard before it can recognize the Core i7-7700. Can you be certain that the motherboard as purchased already has the updated BIOS installed? If not it will cause problems as the motherboard may not be able to recognize the CPU.

No idea about the compatibility of Supermicro motherboards.

There is one thing to consider : A BIOS upgrade may be required for that Z170 motherboard before it can recognize the Core i7-7700. Can you be certain that the motherboard as purchased already has the updated BIOS installed? If not it will cause problems as the motherboard may not be able to recognize the CPU.

I will check what you sugested and try to get safe solution from buyers guide to find motherboard that is more safe than supermicro.Thank you so much for your advice :)

I will check what you sugested and try to get safe solution from buyers guide to find motherboard that is more safe than supermicro.Thank you so much for your advice :)

Hello again!
Here is new configuration that I think it will propably work.
  • motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z270-HD3P, DDR4, SATA3, USB3.1Gen2, HDMI, LGA1151
  • Intel Core i7 7700 BOX procesor, Kaby Lake
  • ASUS GeForce GT 710, 2GB GDDR5, PCI-E 2.0
has anybody have any opinion obout this configuration?

Hello again!
Here is new configuration that I think it will probably work.
  • motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z270-HD3P, DDR4, SATA3, USB3.1Gen2, HDMI, LGA1151
  • Intel Core i7 7700 BOX processor, Kaby Lake
  • ASUS GeForce GT 710, 2GB GDDR5, PCI-E 2.0
has anybody have any opinion about this configuration?

Well, yes, I think this can work. You need MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 or High Sierra.

Well, yes, I think this can work. You need MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 or High Sierra.
Great! Thanks! I will have to install El Capitan because of compatibility with Cubase 8 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back