Z590 D
CPU
I5 11600K
Graphics
RX 470
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello gyus,

I know this is probably one of the weirdest thing i have ever writed on a forum...

But... I was wondering, if maybe it was possible to hackintosh a real macbook pro 16 inch to use Mojave

Because yeah, i did not know that you could not downgrade, and i really like my macbook...

I feel so much limited with the only 64 bit thing...

And yeah it would be amazing to do it...

So guys, i know it's weird, and it's probably not possible, but thank you very much in advance for your time, and your answers :)

Motherboard
Asrock Z490m pro-4
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
Vega 64 (flashed Vega 56)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I don't know for sure, but you could probably run an older macOS in parallels for the app or two that might not get updated.

Motherboard
Z590 D
CPU
I5 11600K
Graphics
RX 470
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I don't know for sure, but you could probably run an older macOS in parallels for the app or two that might not get updated.
Yes it's a great idea, i had some issues with parallels, but i will try harder to get a stable version, at least i can try.

Why i want more an hackintosh :

i would like to be able to have a total access on my hard drive and do not copy two times the same thing, i don't know if it is possible with parallel or another virtual machine software ...

Also i use a software called "luna" (a DAW) that needs to see my audio interface, so yeah a bummer...

But maybe if i can record my virtual machine in logic pro or luna, it could be awesome... Or i could mix the projet later on catalina, for that job it's not a problem.

But it's almost the same as the macbook pro 15.6 just a different gpu, screen size and resolution (for the big lines), so i was thinking maybe...

Motherboard
Intel NUC5i5MYBE
CPU
i5-5300U
Graphics
HD 5500
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Classic
  3. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No hack available to downgrade/run Mojave on MacbookPro 16 yet.

Motherboard
Intel NUC5i5MYBE
CPU
i5-5300U
Graphics
HD 5500
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Classic
  3. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I wonder if this would work: Mojave Patcher from DosDude1. It can install Mojave on 'older' unsupported macs, maybe there is a possibility it could install it on your macbookpro16,1.

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z590i Aorus Ultra - OC 0.8.0
CPU
i5-10600k
Graphics
Dell RX560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
For what it's worth, I'm with @P1LGRIM on this.

I think the later, genuine Apple firmware EFI would stop you downgrading. I tried it on an iMac years ago but it wouldn't go back prior to the version it originally came with.

Happy to learn I'm wrong, it's interesting stuff.

A VM certainly allows full USB pass-through if you need it and configured correctly.

:)

Motherboard
Z590 D
CPU
I5 11600K
Graphics
RX 470
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I wonder if this would work: Mojave Patcher from DosDude1. It can install Mojave on 'older' unsupported macs, maybe there is a possibility it could install it on your macbookpro16,1.

I was wondering too, i will try to find more information about it.

For what it's worth, I'm with @P1LGRIM on this.

I think the later, genuine Apple firmware EFI would stop you downgrading. I tried it on an iMac years ago but it wouldn't go back prior to the version it originally came with.

Happy to learn I'm wrong, it's interesting stuff.

A VM certainly allows full USB pass-through if you need it and configured correctly.

:)

Oh, so i guess, it's easier to upgrade than downgrade

And what have you done, to try it on your iMac ?

What happened, you could not install it at all ?

Do you think the fact that it's really close to the Macbook pro 15,6 ,it could be easier ?

Oh nice to know it for the VM, so for example i could use the same folder for my software library, it could be really nice

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p700
CPU
2x E5-2620 V3
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
A word of caution.
Be very careful when using hack tools on a real Mac, it is fairly easy to brick it.

Motherboard
Z590 D
CPU
I5 11600K
Graphics
RX 470
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
A word of caution.
Be very careful when using hack tools on a real Mac, it is fairly easy to brick it.

Yeah i was worrying about that, but i was thinking, with a mac you always have a recovery thing inside, but yeah if it destroys something really important maybe... I guess making a VM or making an hackintosh next to it would be safer

Status
Not open for further replies.