Contribute
Register

I want to ask a question to the experts of the site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feartech I'm sorry. one more question - you can download windows from clover. in that sense, it does not add any fixes or tables, that is, windows boot normally? I HAVE TWO SYSTEMS AND I AM AFRAID TO LOAD WINDOWS FROM CLOVER​

Feartech I'm sorry. one more question - you can download windows from clover. in that sense, it does not add any fixes or tables, that is, windows boot normally? I HAVE TWO SYSTEMS AND I AM AFRAID TO LOAD WINDOWS FROM CLOVER​

should be ok, but I don't multi-boot, maybe something from:
may help

Thanks for your help! You helped me a lot!

Middleman Thank you for your reply! I realized that I do not understand the mechanism for preparing DSDT and SSDT, as well as their relationship. I have absolutely no idea what should be left in DSDT and what should be removed and what exactly to describe in SSDT. I learned from YouTube videos. Saved in F4 in clover table. I am attaching the file. Decompiled
iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml
all tables. there were a lot of them, then I patched them for my DSDT chipset SSDT compiled without errors. I really want to understand table dependencies and how to do it the right way. I ask you to teach me the minimum knowledge from which I could begin to understand addiction and how to do it. Apparently people who don't quite understand this are publishing videos on YouTube. I have a very strong desire to understand the process of tuning DSDT SSDT or only SSDT needs to be tuned. Teach me the minimum knowledge please!
@nxrom,

Alright! At least you've managed to get some of the correct informations out from your system.
We know that it is an i5 2300 2.79GHz chip (Sandy Bridge) and is running on a H61 chipset with about 8GB of RAM?
The CPU should be sufficient to run up to Big Sur I believe but the macOS version is limited by your Nvidia card as there is not much Nvidia support after High Sierra other than GT710. Also the GEForce 8400GS is a very old and limited card.

Looking at your EFI, I noticed that you missed out on a number of kexts in the kexts/Other folder - there was only one FakeSMC kext there. You should have a list like this shown here:

AppleALC.kext
FakeSMC.kext
Lilu.kext
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
Shiki.kext

Bear in mind some of the kexts listed here are old and have since changed their names. FakeSMC is now VirtualSMC and NvidiaGraphicsFixup and Shiki are now a combined kext and renamed as WhateverGreen, and handles GPU and IGPU functions. The bare minimum on an Opencore setup now requires the use of these four kexts - AppleALC, VirtualSMC, Lilu and Whatevergreen plus the Opencore package.

Because of the similarity of your system to one of my older Z68 boards, I've taken the liberty to provide that EFI for you here which works fully with High Sierra 10.13.6 under Clover - please find it below.

Generally speaking if you want to use some of the later and better macOS versions ideally you should switch to Opencore. As it happens I did a search online and found an OC based build for your motherboard, but you'll need to define the SSDT-PM.aml for your CPU as the build states.
> https://github.com/Ni-X-oN/Opencore-IvyBridge-H61-Motherboard/

With regards to the exact SSDTs used for the system and how to use them, there is actually a whole guide to it here under Dortania. This one is for Sandy Bridge (your chip):

and this one here on ACPI
> https://dortania.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/#a-quick-explainer-on-acpi

The question as to choosing which SSDT to use is a hard one. Nowadays the Opencore guide pretty much explains what is required in each build and what is not. Tools such as SSDTTime by Corpnewt (https://github.com/corpnewt/SSDTTime) and Hackintool by headkaze (https://github.com/headkaze/Hackintool) have taken much of the pain away from building SSDTs for macOS compared to what was done in the past.

SSDTTime provides pretty much all the SSDTs most users need to build a successful working hackintosh whilst Hackintool is a great tool for diagnosing issues, such as active and working USB ports.

But if you must know...most of the modern boards (Z170 Skylake chipset onwards running Catalina) require the use of SSDT-EC-USBX (for embedded controller & USB controller) and a handful of other SSDTs or kexts. More recent systems such as Z490 Comet Lake require the use of SSDT-EC-USBX as well as SSDT-AWAC, SSDT-HPET, SSDT-PLUG, SSDT-SBUS-MCHC (serial management bus) or SSDT-DTPG and SSDT-TB3/SSDT-TB3-HP for systems with Thunderbolt. For Z690 systems on Alder Lake on top of those mentioned above they require use of SSDT-CPUR for the defining of the CPU chip.

Anyways best luck with your build and let us know how you get on!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.1 MB · Views: 40
Thank you for researching my EFI, for not forgetting about me and helping me! and quality advice! As well as the information provided on further assembly on opencore, I will definitely look at it. I decided to leave High Sierra for now, since I don't have the opportunity to buy hardware. I am using an external sound card and WEB NVDIA drivers. Therefore, I put the system with minimal interventions, and also for the Internet, I use a USB adapter with drivers for macos, so the kexts
AppleALC.kext
Lilu.kext
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
Shiki kext
Besides
FakeSMC.kext
I probably don't need it, do you think it's right????? Or for graphics additional kexts give the best result??? It seems to me that everything works well enough with WEB NVDIA, but the USB ports really bother me, although everything works - everything is connected to them with a mouse, a keyboard too. I only need to use the system for Logic Pro X. Thank you so much for the tips hackintool, I even looked at making SSDT for usb ports and they showed up as needed, but again in the log I saw the same errors regarding PCI 0 devices, it’s really difficult to learn the setup process. I still need to carefully analyze right now this information that you wrote to me, I learn a lot of new things thanks to you! I ask for forgiveness for my English, I write through a translator.

PCI 0 devices
2022-09-10 22:43:34.612205+0300 0x71 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) [\_SB_.PCI0.SAT0]
2022-09-10 22:43:34.612206+0300 0x71 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) [\_SB_.PCI0.SAT0]
this is with SSDT-UAC.AML from Hackintool, apparently it is necessary to rename these devices somewhere. but I don't have enough experience yet even though I'm a former programmer::lol: laughing at myself. I'll try as written above, figure it out here

The New Beginner's Guide to USB Port Configuration

Thank you for researching my EFI, for not forgetting about me and helping me! and quality advice! As well as the information provided on further assembly on opencore, I will definitely look at it. I decided to leave High Sierra for now, since I don't have the opportunity to buy hardware. I am using an external sound card and WEB NVDIA drivers. Therefore, I put the system with minimal interventions, and also for the Internet, I use a USB adapter with drivers for macos, so the kexts
AppleALC.kext
Lilu.kext
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
Shiki kext
Besides
FakeSMC.kext
I probably don't need it, do you think it's right????? Or for graphics additional kexts give the best result??? It seems to me that everything works well enough with WEB NVDIA, but the USB ports really bother me, although everything works - everything is connected to them with a mouse, a keyboard too. I only need to use the system for Logic Pro X. Thank you so much for the tips hackintool, I even looked at making SSDT for usb ports and they showed up as needed, but again in the log I saw the same errors regarding PCI 0 devices, it’s really difficult to learn the setup process. I still need to carefully analyze right now this information that you wrote to me, I learn a lot of new things thanks to you! I ask for forgiveness for my English, I write through a translator.
you will still need:
AppleALC.kext
Lilu.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext

also you will want to remove your nvidia card (and update your hardware profile)

if you plan on installing a later version of macOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back