Intel i7 7700k
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1080ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello people of the internets,

I've been a freelance producer for just under a year now and i've done all my producer work on a macbook pro with okay specs, nothing too flashy, but it's starting to get a bit old now. I'm also an avid gamer but I had to sell my old gaming rig to pay rent (I know I know, I cried too). I've been doing a bit of research on Hackintosh's and they seem like they'd work pretty well for me.

I'm just wondering if there's any parts that Hackintosh's work better with? If they're more optimised for AMD products rather than Intel or Nvidia, that sort of thing. I also would like to know if it's possible to buy things from the app store (on MacOS) while using a Hackintosh? For example if I wanted to buy and download Logic Pro X?

Any and all replies are extremely appreciated, Cheers.

- Dan B

Hello,
when it comes to parts and programs I can tell you this, AMD cards work better for Final Cut and Nvidia works better for Adobe Premier. Yes, you should be able to buy apps from the store. I know Ive bought a few apps myself for my build.

As of today, Nvidia graphics cards are a bit easier to get up and running. However, things may improve for AMD with High Sierra.

I would recommend that you follow the guides to configure your system to get iMessage working prior to attempting to use the App Store. Once you have everything configured, the App Store works perfectly.

As of today, Nvidia graphics cards are a bit easier to get up and running. However, things may improve for AMD with High Sierra.

I would recommend that you follow the guides to configure your system to get iMessage working prior to attempting to use the App Store. Once you have everything configured, the App Store works perfectly.

Hello pastrychef,
may I ask why it would be better to get iMessage to work prior to attempting to use the App Store? I always get iMessage working during my initial configuration but I was am just curious. Thanks.

Hello pastrychef,
may I ask why it would be better to get iMessage to work prior to attempting to use the App Store? I always get iMessage working during my initial configuration but I was am just curious. Thanks.

Because getting iMessage working involves setting up appropriate serial number, UUID, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back