Nvidia GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi

I have El Capitan and Windows 10 installed on the same SSD (I know it's not recommended, but I had Yosemite + Windows 8.1 with Chimera because I don't have another SSD and it worked just fine). If I try to enter Windows 10 from Clover, It says Windows needs to be repaired. When I repair it via cmd from a Windows USB it works again, but seems to erase Clover (I no longer see UEFI OS when I press F12). Then, if I run Clover from a USB and reinstall it with Multibeast or try this, I can use Clover again, but then I get the "Windows needs to be repaired" message again.

¿What am I doing wrong? If I need a fresh start It's not a problem to format the entire SSD.

I will start from scratch, then. I'm also considering installing Linux Mint, but on a cheap HDD I have around here, so I can use it if anything happens with my SSD. ¿Any different directions considering it will be on a separate unit and I want to be able to boot it even if I don't have my SSD with Clover plugged?

I will start from scratch, then. I'm also considering installing Linux Mint, but on a cheap HDD I have around here, so I can use it if anything happens with my SSD. ¿Any different directions considering it will be on a separate unit and I want to be able to boot it even if I don't have my SSD with Clover plugged?
Separate drives should work the same as single drive.

Thank you. I followed your indications and everything worked fine for a while. All 3 Systems would boot from Clover. Then I restored my system via Time Machine and Windows 10 won't boot anymore. I checked my EFI partition and the file I had to rename had gotten back to its default name. I renamed it again, but nothing happens.

Edit: Nevermind. I tried three times and finaly it self-repaired. And this time, Clover keeps working after the repairings.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Nah, I keep having the same problem over and over again. Everytime I boot into Windows from Clover I get the "preparing automatic repair" message then it shows me this screen where I get troubleshoot options. I can only successfully repair it an log into Windows if I use the integrated graphics card. If I try to use my Nvidia GTX 980, the screen goes black before the login screen. Then I can change the DVI cable inside Windows and it works, but it doesn't like to have it plugged on start, which means I have to keep changing the cable and the default output from my mobo setup everytime.

EDIT: To clarify, this is not the typical black screen with a blinking cursor. Mine is completely black. I tried to press any key and then enter my password so I could at least change my display with Windows key + P or shut down the PC, but it didn't work.

SOLVED: I just disabled processor graphics from the UEFI to force Windows to use the dedicated GPU. Not the most elegant solution, but seems to do the trick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back