Contribute
Register

I need your opinions! I got the build... Can i proceed forward? Please reply!!! Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte B75M-D3H
CPU
i5-3330
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
MY SPECS:
MOTHER BOARD: GIGABYTE B75M-D3H
PROCESSOR: INTEL i5-3330 3GHZ
HDD: 1TB WD CAVIAR BLUE
GRAPHICS CARD: EVGA GEFORCE GT 640 2048MB GDDR3
ASUS OPTICAL DRIVE
STOCK INTEL CPU FAN
500W POWER SUPPLY

HERES THE PLAN: I HAVE SNOW LEOPARD (LEGIT) AND IM GOING TO INSTALL THAT ON MY PC. AFTER INSTALL IM GOING TO BUY MOUNTAIN LION OFF OF THE APP STORE AND CREATE BOOTABLE USB STICK (DISK UTILITY). THEN IM GOING TO INSTALL MOUNTAIN LION. THAT'S MY PLAN IN BULK IM POSTING THIS JUST FOR ANY SUGGESTIONS. I AM A NEWB AND JUST WANT TO KNOW IF I AM READY TO DO THIS. MY SPECS SEEM GOOD FOR ME AND I WILL BE WILLING TO BUY ANYTHING ELSE IF IT IS NEEDED (E.G. LIKE IF MY PROCESSOR IS NOT COMPATIBLE I WILL HAVE TO BUY A NEW ONE). IF YOU ALL THINK IS GOOD IM GOING TO TAKE THE NEXT STEP!

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT SO FAR, THIS SITE HAS BEEN EXTREMELY HELPFUL!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

MY SPECS:
MOTHER BOARD: GIGABYTE B75M-D3H
PROCESSOR: INTEL i5-3330 3GHZ
HDD: 1TB WD CAVIAR BLUE
GRAPHICS CARD: EVGA GEFORCE GT 640 2048MB GDDR3
ASUS OPTICAL DRIVE
STOCK INTEL CPU FAN
500W POWER SUPPLY

HERES THE PLAN: I HAVE SNOW LEOPARD (LEGIT) AND IM GOING TO INSTALL THAT ON MY PC. AFTER INSTALL IM GOING TO BUY MOUNTAIN LION OFF OF THE APP STORE AND CREATE BOOTABLE USB STICK (DISK UTILITY). THEN IM GOING TO INSTALL MOUNTAIN LION. THAT'S MY PLAN IN BULK IM POSTING THIS JUST FOR ANY SUGGESTIONS. I AM A NEWB AND JUST WANT TO KNOW IF I AM READY TO DO THIS. MY SPECS SEEM GOOD FOR ME AND I WILL BE WILLING TO BUY ANYTHING ELSE IF IT IS NEEDED (E.G. LIKE IF MY PROCESSOR IS NOT COMPATIBLE I WILL HAVE TO BUY A NEW ONE). IF YOU ALL THINK IS GOOD IM GOING TO TAKE THE NEXT STEP!

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT SO FAR, THIS SITE HAS BEEN EXTREMELY HELPFUL!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Your comments in capitals are harsh to the eye. The hardware is fine, but why not update to Mavericks from the App Store - its newer and there is no cost to Mavericks.

You will need to set your UEFI/Bios with the VT-d disabled to boot.
A WD Blue HDD is likely to need MacMans Boot0 guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html
This thread should help with some other setting etc as many of the B75M board are very similar:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-builds/58062-moarfishs-build-ga-b75m-d3h-i5-3570k.html

Good Luck

Adrian B

Thank you very much for the reply! I'm terribly sorry about the full caps thing, just a big fan of caps LOL...

I also don't want to upgrade to Mavericks because I have tried it out on my friend's mac and honestly I didn't like it as much (although I might be tempted to upgrade knowing that it is free).

Also what did you mean by "You will need to set your UEFI/Bios with the VT-d disabled to boot.".....

and whatever that is... would I have to do it everytime I boot?

Also what is this "Moarfish build" I dont quite understand what that forum is saying....

Thanks a lot for your help and understanding!

Thank you very much for the reply! I'm terribly sorry about the full caps thing, just a big fan of caps LOL...

I also don't want to upgrade to Mavericks because I have tried it out on my friend's mac and honestly I didn't like it as much (although I might be tempted to upgrade knowing that it is free).

Mountain Lion is a great working OS. I am starting to feel it is dated - I use ML and Mavericks across two hacks with multiple OS X versions and Windows 7 on one. It is your own personal preference which one that you use and your hardware will run both.

Also what did you mean by "You will need to set your UEFI/Bios with the VT-d disabled to boot.".....

Under BIOS Features, you will find an option called VT-d - you need to disable this when you do the initial setup to use OS X with any Ivy Bridge (or Haswell) i5 and i7 processor that does not have a 'k' in the model number. If you do not disable this then the computer will not boot.

and whatever that is... would I have to do it everytime I boot?

You only need to do it when you set up the UEFI/BIOS for the first time. A 3v battery keeps your settings in a memory until the battery goes flat or you change the settings.

Also what is this "Moarfish build" I dont quite understand what that forum is saying....

It a setup guide and comments thread for a similar configuration to your own.

Adrian B

Ok Thank You Very Much For the response... Really Appreciate It!

Now that I have everything understood, I am going to install Snow Leopard!

Thanks Once Again!!!

You can use Snow Leopard and iBoot Ivy Bridge to get to the App Store (you will need to update to 10.6.8 first), Mountain Lion is only available if you buy it in advance and wait 2-3 working days for an e-mail code to use in the App Store. Mavericks is available. See this video for the process - this was created over a year ago before mavericks was available. The process is the same.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...bridge-unibeast-installation-video-guide.html

Mountain Lion Links for USA and Canada:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/D6377Z/A/os-x-mountain-lion
http://store.apple.com/ca/product/D6377Z/A/os-x-mountain-lion

Adrian B

Thank you Adrian B for all your help and support! One last question... Say if I had to use a boot flag (e.g GraphicsEnabler=No) would I have to use it every time I boot or can I set it so it does that automatically via any application...

Thank You Once Again!

You can use MultiBeast for most things. GraphicsEnabler=No is I understand the normal setting for Mavericks with MultiBeast 6.0.1 or what ever the latest version now is.

There are some things such as your native screen resolution that you can modify/add to your .plist:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/104463-how-edit-plist.html

There is lots of good information here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/

Remember if you do not have Mavericks or Mountain Lion available to you from another Mac/hack, then use retail Snow Leopard (cheapest from Apple - the grey discs on ebay do not work!) and then update to Mountain Lion / Mavericks.

Good Luck

Adrian B

Ok now that I have everything understood... I'm going to install Snow Leopard (I have the legit copy of it from Apple)

Thank You For all the support and help, without you I wouldn't have gotten this far!

Thanks!:clap:

You are very welcome:angel:

Use your i5 processor and a DVI-D or HDMI connection from the motherboard to a monitor or TV (1080P if possible) to install Snow Leopard. Use iBoot Ivy Bridge from the downloads. Do not use GT640 before you have a running installation or Mountain Lion/Mavericks UniBeast has been created.

Do not use MultiBeast before Mountain Lion or Mavericks is installed. If you need a boot flag for the GPU and Mountain lion then use GraphicsEnabler=No
If you run into graphics problems on Snow Leopard then you might need to use an older card (HD2500 is not supported, it sometimes does not work in Snow Leopard) 8400, 8800, GT210 are ideal if you have access to one.

If you run into any problems - then start a new thread in Snow leopard desktop support and post a link to it from here.

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back