Contribute
Register

I need USB 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude, have you bothered testing the speeds at all? the 480mbits in system profiler is cosmetic. I get full USB 3 speeds on my system with PXHCD installed. (well up to 270MB on USB3 attached SSD, which is being limited by the sata2 controller in the USB3.0 dock). Pfff 480 my @ZZ.
g\

dude, have you bothered testing the speeds at all? the 480mbits in system profiler is cosmetic. I get full USB 3 speeds on my system with PXHCD installed. (well up to 270MB on USB3 attached SSD, which is being limited by the sata2 controller in the USB3.0 dock). Pfff 480 my @ZZ.
g\

Ah no... Just learned about that cosmetic possibility after I installed ML.
Will have to give it a try with a backup copy of of lion.
But the bad thing about testing is the need to have a real USB 3.0 device.
I only have a "so called USB 3.0" stick here, but the specified read and write speeds are still USB 2.0.
At least it seems to have a controller making it "USB 3.0 specified", but with ML and MultiBeast´s USB 3.0 option (PXHCD installed) the motherboard´s USB 3.0 ports don´t seem to work anymore.

You did upgrade the firmware of the NEC controller and used the drivers for it provided with Multibeast I presume? :problem:

Just to be sure; what firmware works for you and where did you download it from??????

My chip numbering is uPD720200F1? An issue?

ML reports a super speed USB port; but shows VIA as maker? But, no drives will show? Switching the USB cable to a USB2 port and the drive shows? And the MultiBeast tabs were selected and the Kexts are in the folders?

Been looking for a solution since Lion?

genzai, you spoke out what I must have overseen, overread or whatever.
You brought it to a point and now - do I have USB 3.0! Thanks mate.

In Lion on a SanDisk medium I achieved significantly more than the spec.ed 60MB/s read which was way better than on a 2.0 cardreader.
Mountain Lion was a bit trickier as I first had to get rid of it's IOUSB kext completely and replace them by the DP3 IOUSB kext to make those two non VLI hub connectors of my Z68X-UD7-B3 recognize the device again.

The direct comparison of a 2.0 reader brought the time to copy an approx. 4GB file folder from 8 minutes down to only one.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back