Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a system working PERFECTLY with this configuration:

Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3
i5 Core Duo 3.30
Video GT430 (1gb)
HD 500gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
HD 1tb (only for files/data)
Mbox 2 (running great with pro tools 9 and logic 9)

NOW, I bought another HD (2tb) and decided to install the Mavericks into this... And my Mbox 2 isn't working properly... When I run the driver, it seems to be nice, and audio feature really is great... But I have NO MIDI... I checked on "audio midi setup" and the mbox is there, but kind of "hidden", got it...? I tried to remove and reinstall and nothing happens...

Just for the records, I tried to disconnect and reconnect again the usb cable, then it APPEARS in "audio midi setup"... Then the MIDI starts running, but with NO AUDIO... Then I restart the computer, and the audio COMES BACK and the midi STOPS AGAIN...

So, I am confused because when I have audio, I have NO MIDI, and when I have midi, I have NO AUDIO... I am really getting mad about this, because in my SL, it runs PERFECTLY... I really don't understand why it is not running on Mavericks...

BTW, just for the records... A friend of mine (who has an older AMD Hackintosh) can run his Mbox 2 on his mavericks, and it works great there... I really don't understand why it is being a painful in my case...!!!

If someone can help me, I will appreciate a lot...

Thanks in advance

I'm seeing this only now so, if you still need a hand:
The correct driver to use is the 10.3.3 at http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/download/Mbox-2-Drivers
I've been using it on OS 10.9.5 in a Z68 build with PT8 for years (and recently switched to PT10) with no pb (though I've not used much midi with PT10 — actually, I don't use much midi anymore since a long time...).
I've tried the 10.3.9 driver but had the dreadful DAE 743 error back!
PT9 is not supported on mavericks and won't install — you can argue that PT8 neither, but it installs and, as strange as it seems, it works perfectly! :clap:
Just in case: the MBox drivers won't work at all on OS 10.11 and up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back