Contribute
Register

I need new Wifi + Bluetooth Cards for my iMac Mid 2011 21.5 inch for using with macOS Monterey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Huawei NBLB-WAX9N-PCB
CPU
i5-10210U
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 620
Hello,
I don't know if this is the right forum for asking what to buy for my iMac Mid 2011. But it would be great if someone could tell me some Wifi and Bluetooth Cards for using inside my iMac Mid 2011 with 21.5 Inch Display. I want to upgrade my OS from Big Sur to Monterey when it's officially stable released and want to know what cards I can use.
Thanks in Advance and have a nice day.

I just use OpenCore Legacy Patcher. Sorry I did forget to add that to the post.

I just use OpenCore Legacy Patcher. Sorry I did forget to add that to the post.
How does your AMD Radeon HD 6750M work with Big Sur ? Do you get graphics acceleration ?
Hard to believe that even works in Big Sur.

Last edited:
I would just use Ethernet and a USB BT dongle that works with macOS. It doesn't look like any older iMac Wifi cards will work with Monterey.

Ethernet isn't possible for me. If I had the possibility I would prefer it. Its an open wifi where I don't have the permission to connect Ethernet. Are there good wifi cards for macOS? Best would be one with official drivers for recent versions of macOS.

One of these genuine Apple cards might work but I don't know if it fits into the socket on your 2011's logic board.
These are used in some iMacs that still have Monterey support. They shipped with late 2015 21.5" iMacs.

Apple BCM943602CDP

Last edited:
Thanks. It should fit in. But I think I'll wait before buying one, maybe there will be someone who creates Kexts for unsupported wifi and Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back