Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
asus
CPU
i3
Graphics
amd
Hello, I'm new here on the forum and I'm new to the world of hakintosh.
I need to set up a hackintosh to work with app development for ios and android and i would like to take some questions about buying compatible parts and what would be better value for money, as i don't have a lot of money to spend, but i also need a pc / hackintosh that can serve me for a few years.

I saw several compatible parts here on the forum, but I was in doubt on several points.

Motherboard.
I would like the cheapest I supply the needs. Some have wi-fi and bluetooth, but I saw some assemblies that the wif-i and bluetooth on-board does not work correctly. Would it be better to buy a card without wifi and bluetooth and purchase a usb dongle? I can use the internet on the cable, but I need bluetooth.

Bluetooth
If the motherboard is without bluetooth, is it better to buy a usb dongle or a pci adapter? What would be the best dongle that works perfect for using mouse and headphone without problems?

Processor
I need one with good performance. My workload would be some programs a bit heavy like android studio, and sometimes (rarely) a graphic program with illustrator and photoshop. Would it be better intermediate i5 or an entry i7?

Storage
I didn't understand the difference between SSD M.2 and NVM. Is there a real difference in buying a specific model? What would be the recommended size for everyday use? 256GB or 512GB

Memory
I plan on buying 2x 8GB of ram. There is a real difference in one with 2400 MHz or 3000MHz

Video
Is it possible to use two monitors on mac os without problems?

I need to work with two monitors, but I don't need high resolution. Which CHEAPER graphics card is compatible with catalina and has no problems?

Mechanical keyboard works normally? Ex: Redragon mitra / kala

I was also wondering if to research, do I need to check only the chip of the parts or need to see the model? Example The Gigabyte Z370 motherboard saw that it is compatible, so is any other brand card with this z370 chip compatible too?

In addition to these doubts, I wanted tips on what would be the best to do, as I am in Brazil and here prices are pushing the limits, but it is a need I have. I wanted to spend as little as possible. but at the same time having a pc that i can work with no problems

I thank everyone for any help. Thank you!

NVMe is a solid state drive that plugs into an M.2 socket on newer motherboards. This makes performance faster than SATA based drives. There are also PCIe cards with an M2 socket that can allow use of an NVMe drive as an addition or for those who do not have M2.

It is hard to recommend as prices where you are may be very different. Here in the US, the price difference on ram speeds may only be a few dollars. Same with storage on most brand name NVMe drives. There is a good difference in price between an i5 and i7 (which could save you money). Also not much difference in price here between z370 & z470 unless buying used.

Regarding Video. Depends on the build and the motherboard. If it has working (hackintoshed) onboard video or not. If it has more than one port . That may save you money over buying a dedicated video card.

Any settings on the Redragon Keyboard or Mouse would have to be done on the PC side (or on the keyboard/mouse itself). On the mac for PC keyboards.... you would have to go into System Preferences and change the modifier keys.

Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 12.32.45 PM.png

Last edited:
Mobo: If you are on a budget, I'd recommend getting the Gigabyte Z490 Ultra Durable or the Asus Prime Z490-P. For chipsets, you were wondering if any Z370 mobo would work, the answer is NO. I would recommend getting an Intel chipset (preferably Z-series) from Gigabyte or Asus for best compatibility.

CPU: You could go with anything from the i5 10400 (BTW great bang for the buck) to the 10700K. Whatever suits your needs.

GPU: If you aren't gaming, you could get a Nvidia GeForce GT 710, which can drive up to 3 monitors. If you are gaming, you could get an AMD Radeon RX 570. Stay away from other Nvidia cards other than the GT 710.

BT: I would actually recommend having a mouse & keyboard that is either wired USB or wireless USB handy for the BIOS. Depending on your budget, I'd think that a USB BT dongle would be better.

Storage: There is 3 SSD form factors (AIC, 2.5" and M.2) and 2 types (SATA and NVMe)

AIC (NVMe): PCIe Slot - wouldn't recommend for most users
2.5" (SATA): Mounts like a hard drive, and peaks at ~600MBit/s - requires SATA cable (incl. w/mobo)
M.2 (SATA): Mounts on the motherboard, and peaks at ~600MBit/s
M.2 (NVMe): Mounts on the motherboard, and peaks at ~3500MBit/s (Gen4 can get to ~6400MBit/s but only on AMD CPUs)

Memory: The higher the MHz (or MT/s, same thing), the better.

Monitors: I've used up to 3 at a time with no problems.

Hello Louiefriesen. I was in a bit of a hurry and already made the purchase. I'm waiting to arrive.

Buy a Gigabyte Z390 gaming x, i5 9600kf, AMD Sapphire pulse RX 580, 16 GB RAM, M2 NVMe 512 GB

I was only in doubt about good cooling so I opted for an air cooler, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Turbo

Hello Louiefriesen. I was in a bit of a hurry and already made the purchase. I'm waiting to arrive.

Buy a Gigabyte Z390 gaming x, i5 9600kf, AMD Sapphire pulse RX 580, 16 GB RAM, M2 NVMe 512 GB

I was only in doubt about good cooling so I opted for an air cooler, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Turbo
Sounds good. I just noticed this thread was like 17 days old (insert facepalming emoji here)

Hope it works well for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back