CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello ;)
I'm setting up my first Hackintosh - or at least I trying it.
I have followed the steps outlined in this guide. However booting from the USB-Stick which I made bootable with UniBeast only leads to this screen:

20190723_185533.jpg

after giving the following "error":

20190723_185516.jpg

Im new to the forum and i just hope that this thread is at the right place :)

Last edited:
Search for "still waiting for root device"

Stiil.png

You appear to be using settings for a Laptop ?

1.png

2.png

There are no Mojave drivers for a GTX 1060.

Thanks for the quick response!
Im on a Desktop PC and I did not plan to use laptop settings. How can I change this? is there a way to get macOS up and running on my PC despite the lack of drivers?
  • Your Verbose Boot screen image showing "Prohibit Entry Sign" Error is due to failure of your USB installer transmitting its files to the RAM for booting that USB installer to the macOS Utilities screen for you to Erase your Hard disk and then dump the macOS System files from the macOS USB installer on to the Erased target System hard disk.
  • In addition to the current boot problem for the installer USB disk, more problem is on the way because you have a major hardware , i.e, your Nvidia GTX 1060 Graphics, that is NOT SUPPORTED in macOS Mojave and beyond (possibly NEVER, for want of Nvidia Web driver being NOT released to use in any of post -High Sierra macOSes ). Without a driver no device or third party Apps would work in any Operating system
  • The good news for you is that your Intel CPU i7-6700 associated Intel HD Graphics 530, IS MOJAVE Supported (and even macOS Catalina Supported.)
  • To troubleshoot current issue, check -> #2 for its causes and possible fixes.
  • If you want to get some useful tips about MacOS Mojave Installation and how to ask for help in a Forum, check this->https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ave-installation-and-posting-for-help.276352/
  • From the way you have posted about your project, you should probably start with the last linked post.

Last edited:
you need to put usbinjectall.kext in the OTHER folder..and patch the USB limit so that the Installer can see the USB3 drive..

• Your Verbose Boot screen image showing "Prohibit Entry Sign" Error is due to failure of your USB installer transmitting its files to the RAM for booting that USB installer to the macOS Utilities screen for you to Erase your Hard disk and then dump the macOS System files from the macOS USB installer on to the Erased target System hard disk.
  • In addition to the current boot problem for the installer USB disk, more problem is on the way because you have a major hardware , i.e, your Nvidia GTX 1060 Graphics, that is NOT SUPPORTED in macOS Mojave and beyond (possibly NEVER, for want of Nvidia Web driver being being NOT released to use in any of post -High Sierra macOSes ). Without a driver no device or third party Apps would work in any Operating system
  • The good news for you is that your Intel CPU i7-6700 associated Intel HD Graphics 530, IS MOJAVE Supported (and even macOS Catalina Supported.)
  • To troubleshoot current issue, check -> #2 for its causes and possible fixes.
  • If you want to get some useful tips about MacOS Mojave Installation and how to ask for help in a Forum, check this->https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ave-installation-and-posting-for-help.276352/
  • From the way you have posted about your project, you should probably start with the last linked post.
Thanks for the detailed answer. I managed setting up a completely working hackintosh. ;)

Thanks for the detailed answer. I managed setting up a completely working hackintosh. ;)
  • Glad to know about your successful First macOSMojave Hackintosh:clap:
  • If you can elaborate your answer and mark your thread " SOLVED" prefixed to the Title, it can help others looking for answer to the Problem in the Title for the same or similar hardware in your profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back