Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Trying to make my first build but i Want it to last a few 5 years or so, will be using FCPX.
The problem its that I am seen 270x 280x and 290X at the same price range (depending on the brand and usage/condition)

Dose the brand has a big importance like for example should I stay away from anything else and just get a Vapor or can I get an Asus?
If I have a up to around $280 budget what GPU should I get? What its the recommended price for a 280X. ( I do not want to pay more for a card that can be acquired for less) Since you guys do these often what wiull be your recommendation.....

Can I Buy a 290x if I am just going to use 1 monitor? (ill soon get one for these PPC probably a 27 inch 1440). Or should I get a used 280X and pay the same amount of an used 290x

Again if the brand is important let me know.

Dose the brand has a big importance like for example should I stay away from anything else and just get a Vapor or can I get an Asus? Can I Buy a 290x if I am just going to use 1 monitor? (ill soon get one for these PPC probably a 27 inch 1440). Or should I get a used 280X and pay the same amount of an used 290x

The first answer to your question it depends. The first sticky on this thread suggests going with a 280x which is compared to a 7970. Which ever card you go with search this site and find out the success rate and read as much as you can to find out what works and what doesn't. I have moved away from radeon because of bugginess (black screens, unusable ports, only works after sleep, Framebuffer and acceleration issues) with el capitan and past OSs. Different brands do matter in the hackintosh world so keep that in mind. In windows the more expensive the branded card the more features, head room, cooling and finally the higher the price. So if people are getting the most results from an asus one go with it! or a msi one go for that one...you get the point. The best advice do as much research as you can. Buying used is an ok solution but has many risks.

All right I went with a Vapor R9 280X for $210 "lightly Used". From Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back