Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
ok i tried the iboot disc and everything was going great till i got this:
error.jpg

now i i know im on an intel dual core. not 100% sure on the motherboard type though. my gfx card is nvidia 250. and i have 2 HDDS one is my windows 7 HDD and the other is one i had laying around and decided to use it as my osx HDD(it is formated in windows).

just wondering what your guys 2 cents were on this issue

There's a few others posted same problem here (in fact, thought there was a sticky about it...but don't see that now). Is this fail on booting InstallDVD, or failing to boot an installed system from HD? Anyway...

Can be caused by:
1) Incorrect SATA etc config in BIOS

2) Missing kexts/drivers for your disk controller chip SATA/IDE (or perhaps, OSX not seeing the controller at all, if not a "supported" ICH7/ICH10/P55 etc and no DSDT edits?)

3) Sometimes...just seems to get confused over which disk to use. Can try typing this at the Chameleon boot screen:
rd=disk0s2
replace numbers with whatever's appropriate for your OS X installation/booting medium. So might be disk1s1 or disk0s1 for CD drive etc.

you think if i unplug my windows HDD and turn the other blank one into SCSI mode that should work? when i turned both drives into SCSI mode nothing changed and my windows wouldn't load correctly.

Well, it'd be good to get osx running 1st, with just 1 disk. then you'll know what's needed/how to get it going; then add back the 2d disk and sort out dual boot. At least that way, if you need to reinstall, you'll know the method/config that works for your kit.

p.s. osx needs to be on HFS+ etc, formatted using OSX Disk Utility. Saw your comment about formatting in Windows, not sure it that's your problem?

Try to put in yout bios the sata config in AHCI mode not in RAID it works for me!

yea im in achi mode and still getting the usbms error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back