Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H270N-WIFI
CPU
Intel Core i7 7700k
Graphics
HD Graphics 630
Hello, I recently made a Hackintosh with a Gigabyte H270N-WIFI. The built in WIFI is Intel and not working with it. Can you please suggest some good USB WIFI adapters that are compatible with Hackintosh

Thanks For Your Help

Last edited:
I plan to build a hackintosh with a similar motherboard, the Gigabyte Z270N-WIFI soon (the case only ships in january…), so I'm very interested in an answer to that topic, especially since it's my first PC build in 13 years. :)

Preliminary research indicates that you can plug a card in the M.2 slot used by the card's original wifi adapter.

Here's a thread that advises using an iMac's card with a cheap adapter: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/mini-pcie-wifi.231566/ (I hope there's a cheaper route though?)

michelv gave you the right answer/lead. :thumbup:

Just in case, FYI many cards work with that adapter. If you buy the cheapest (BCM94360CS2) you won't get Bluetooth from the card. If that's a deal breaker, get the BCM94360CD. (I just bought the latter card and an adapter.)

Thanks For you help

I
I plan to build a hackintosh with a similar motherboard, the Gigabyte Z270N-WIFI soon (the case only ships in january…), so I'm very interested in an answer to that topic, especially since it's my first PC build in 13 years. :)

Preliminary research indicates that you can plug a card in the M.2 slot used by the card's original wifi adapter.

Here's a thread that advises using an iMac's card with a cheap adapter: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/mini-pcie-wifi.231566/ (I hope there's a cheaper route though?)
I think a usb WiFi adapter would be cheaper. You just have to find one compatable with Mac.

Last edited:
If anyone can suggest good USB WIFI Adapters, Please do.

I made a very compact build and do not want to open up the whole thing again

Last edited:
I have a old TP-Link WN822 that runs with very old drivers (for 10.10 or something) from their site on High Sierra.
Thank you for your input

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back