Intel i9-10850k along with Noctua NH-D15 SSO2 D-Type Premium CPU Cooler
Graphics
Primary: Sapphire Pulse RX 570, Secondary: UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Okay I just purchased a new GA-Z77-DS3H with i5-3570K. Purchased Mountain Lion 10.8.2, followed Tonymac's guide to the tee. The only issue I had was getting my onboard ethernet to work. I used the most updated Multibeast and chose the Atheros driver with no luck. I had to put in a RTL 8139 card in and got it working with a little work. What I had to do on that was take out the IONetworkFamily kext and copy it to my desktop. Then deleted the one in the /S/L/E directory. Then I had to use kext utility and place that into the extensions directory. Then I inserted the RTL 8139 kext into the plugin folder of the IONetworkFamily kext. Then I just dropped the IO kext on the kext utility. This was the only way to get Mountain Lion to see the 8139 and get it to work.

So, I tried the samething with the AtherosL1cEthernet.kext but no luck. I don't know if Gigabyte has changed the builtin card or not but I know in Windows 7 it shows Atheros AR8161/8165 PCI-E. Is this the same as most of you have? Just cannot figure out why this wouldn't work at all.

Everything else works great, the HD4000 works great, everything works to include the USB 3 ports. Only issue is the onboard ethernet. Also I have F8 bios...

I wonder if the whole networking thing is broken in Moutain Lion 10.8.2 because now the Realtek 8139 card isn't working. I purchased this board because everybody on here said the Network card work on Mountain. Not this motherboard I have...

I wonder if it's something with UNIBEAST and the installation???

Back to square one...

Okay, well found out the hard way that Gigabyte added a new revision to the GA-Z77-DS3H motherboard and changed the Atheros to AR8161/8165. Anyway, there is no kext that will work at the moment for this in 10.8.x. So I installed a Realtek 8169 card and found a 10.7 kext that works great with it. Now I have a full working purchased ML 10.8.

Now hopefully will have Pro Tools 10 working with it whenever I order it next month.

Specs:
GA-Z77-DS3H
Intel i5-3570K
16gb Corsair XMS3
4 HDDs and 1 WD 500GB USB 3.0 HDD

Everything works great and I love this OS over any other 10.x version made....

Well I just inserted my GTX260 card and went into the BIOS and disabled onboard video. It worked on boot up. Freaking awesome:headbang:....

Well I just inserted my GTX260 card and went into the BIOS and disabled onboard video. It worked on boot up. Freaking awesome:headbang:....

Just got my GTX 660 today. Set the GE=No but still wouldn't boot. Had to get the latest Nvidia drivers that tony posted on the front page. Once I installed those this baby rocks. Boots fine and had to update CUDA of course. Everything works.....Love it...

I did have some boot issues whenever I first installed this card but managed to boot into safe mode...

I must be the first.... Rtl8139 easy install in mtlion

For the v1.1 GA Z77 DS3H, the onboard network is not working anymore. So I also bought a cheap tp link rtl8139 pic network card.
To make it work, I searched a few places to find the best way. Here is a link to one very easy to install. Just install the rtl8139.pkg. and after restart, you are online!
My config is i3 2125, GA Z77 DS3H v1.1 TP link RTL8139D, ML10.8.1

here is the link.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/69925-realtek-rtl-8139-mountain-lion.html
From mrsmith3101

For the v1.1 GA Z77 DS3H, the onboard network is not working anymore. So I also bought a cheap tp link rtl8139 pic network card.
To make it work, I searched a few places to find the best way. Here is a link to one very easy to install. Just install the rtl8139.pkg. and after restart, you are online!
My config is i3 2125, GA Z77 DS3H v1.1 TP link RTL8139D, ML10.8.1

here is the link.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/69925-realtek-rtl-8139-mountain-lion.html
From mrsmith3101

Well I actually Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion working freaking great on this MB. Anybody who says that Ivy Bridge doesn't work with Snow Leopard is correct but with the right kernel it works just as good, if not better, than Mountain Lion. I have SL on one drive and ML on another drive. The way to get SL work work is I used my mac mini and installed SNL on it then just moved the driver over to my tosh build......Almost forgot to say that I had to use the RTL8169 card I had laying around in a box. Atheros for this motherboard does work with the new kext but it won't work in SL.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back